Closed Thread
Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hey ladies
    so many great posts!

Skyler - I second the F.U. AF! Im so sorry thats happened, its fxxked. I love your idea about the crazy cat lady, i love kitty cats and our one Tuxedo cat is treated like a baby! Ive also been to Iceland and think its a brilliant idea! Its the most amazing place, with the most pristine air and water you could possibly imagine and the way they speak is very lovely, quite whimsical. I would really love to go back and see the Northern Lights. Drink yourself silly lovely.

Leisy - Was it you who said your AFs are really light? Mine too and I too thought I may have had ashermans and had a hysteroscopy early Jan but no. The Drs have since said its fine and that over time your period changes (another old age reference most likely!). I really only have 24 hours of a flow, the rest is just spotting mainly. Its good to hear others are getting pregnant with this tho, thanks girls.

Maxkat - don't you love those people!! I had a girl who was another surprise preg last year at work and she couldn't wait for it to be out so she could get back on the ciggies again! And she had to find a Dr who did c-sections because she was in no way going natural. Imagine my anger listening to this sh!t!! Life is not fair.

I like the pity party idea (Ive forgotten who said it), I always used to think about the actual stats of having an Ectopic, they were like 1% of all pregnancies or something, so guess who wins one of them!! What makes me so special that I make it into that 1%..?
    Out of all the people that I know who have had mc's, they have all only ever had 1 and then they fall pregnant and have a happy ending. So why do I get hit over the head time and time again with some new disaster, blighted ovum, ectopic, missed miscarriage - think you've got to 12 weeks and then BAM no you haven't. Now its looking like nup, sorry you can't have anything!! And you're right, we don't wallow in it, we time and time again pick ourselves up from the hideousness and get back on the goddamn wagon to try all over again.

Ergggh, I need wine!!! My day has been crazy

We all deserve Olympic gold medals in persistance and torture survival

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2015),Bongley  (09-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-04-2015),MaxKat  (08-04-2015),Skyler  (08-04-2015),winsor  (09-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    After reading all posts here I'm sure this Easter was cursed. I think we all need to take a deep breath, shrug tension off our shoulders, pull out that plan B or D and start fresh. This isn't end of it... not even close!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MaxKat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2015),Bongley  (09-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-04-2015),Skyler  (08-04-2015),winsor  (09-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    B-00-y oath Leyshoja, wouldn't you think from 73 eggs collected there would have been a baby. Naaah. And yeah, no fair for you going through all these donor cycles with BFN's! When they are supposed to have high success rates FFS's.

Tuxcat, very entertaining post hon! So your username is actually your cat's name! He he. And yeah how unlucky can you/we be? Thanks for the travel advice, I'm defs researching Iceland. So when do you get started again on the wheel of torture?

Emerald when do you transfer your wonderful cgh normals?

MaxKat. Oh how the hell do 'accidental' pregnancies happen over 40?!! I would not have blamed you for biatch slapping her

Hi Blondie and the rest of the ladies.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-04-2015),MaxKat  (08-04-2015),tuxcat  (08-04-2015),winsor  (09-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hello Lovelies....

Have been following along as I've been flat out today. DP woke up unwell (headache/severe nausea) so I ordered him back to bed @ basically treated him like a potential Ebola case for the rest of the day!!

Took him to the GP this arvo...some kind of virus that's hopefully not contagious. He's got tomorrow off too if he needs it.

Posting from my ph while I do my "Florence Nightingale" thing..."Nurse Jackie" morelike!! Must go for now.

Am sending you all much love @ hugsxoxo
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 08-04-2015 at 20:58.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (09-04-2015),MaxKat  (08-04-2015),Skyler  (09-04-2015),Summer  (09-04-2015),tuxcat  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leisylou, your story sounds just like mine. Except I was married to my **** for 11 years. I left him when I was 34. It's so unfair for you, and a long road.

Believe you will have your baby, even if it is one created from a donor egg. Hugs

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ****..73 eggs collected

Our cats name is Stella but she looks like a "tuxedo cat" - google it, they're black mostly with a white chest like their wearing a tux. she also has white whiskers and mittens, she's ridiculously cute!! Back on the wheel of torture probably early next week after i hand over nearly 10grand

love that biatch slap icon - classic!!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-04-2015),Skyler  (09-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Biatch slapping. Funny 😅

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaxKat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-04-2015),Skyler  (09-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I had a lovely day off yesterday with three kids (niece, nephew and DSS) - it was gorgeous and good to get out of the house and focus on something else!

Thanks @emski72 @BlondeinBrisvegas @Skyler and @tuxcat for the reassurance about light periods. Mine isn't a flow for 24 hours though, maybe I could describe it as a little more than spotting? Panty liner only required... But I will ask Wazza about building up the lining anyway, and as you guys have said others fall pregnant with light cycles, so there is still hope!

@tuxcat it's just a kick in the guts when others around us fall pregnant, even though we are happy for them, it still hurts. My SIL tried for eight years before having her little boy - so you can imagine what she went through - and it's now two years on and I'm wondering if she had any frosties left over and if she's going again.. I dread the day the announcement of a second is made when I'm still trying for my first. Not that I would begrudge her for a second, but it's hard.

Apparently accidental preganancies over 40 are the second highest category. When I had two of my D&Cs I was too scared to go to hospital, I went to a termination clinic instead as it was a very friendly little clinic and I figured they did D&Cs all day so they would be good at it. Talking to the doctor there he said the biggest group they get in other than teenagers, is women over 40. The whole media thing about fertility declining after 40 isn't quite as bad as made out. Women over 40 think they are infertile, so are not taking precautions and end up with unwanted pregnancies. Not what we want to hear though when we are having difficulties!! So unfair :-(

I think I fall into that illustrious 1% as well - I think more than 3 natural miscarriages puts me into that 1%. I guess that's why we're all here - very special ladies :-)

And @Luckyme1 - 11 years, that sucks. At least mine was only four before I got away, but I feel like he took my last fertile years from me...
    @BlondeinBrisvegas - I hope hubby gets better soon, although he might want to stay sick just to have you at his beck and call :-) How you look after him and a bub is beyond me, I'm lucky to look after myself :-)

Day 2 of super wicked health plan! I'm on it
    Last edited by Summer; 09-04-2015 at 07:55.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-04-2015),MaxKat  (09-04-2015),Skyler  (09-04-2015),tuxcat  (09-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald26 View Post
    Skyler and leisylou I am sorry to hear about your bfn's. Statistically we should have had one BFP in this thread the past week but who knows where their statistics come from.
    @tuxcat I have used elonva on both my cycles. I liked just having the one injection on day 2 then nothing till day 6. My first cycle I topped up with puregon and this cycle I topped up with menopur.

I also wonder about the expense. As we were doing pgd this cycle, we weren't meant to have a transfer. When we met with the accountant to pay for the stim cycle (with our clinic we pay it all up front then get the medicare rebate) I asked her if we would get more back as we wouldn't have a transfer. She said no as the transfer came under private insurance. I said no it doesn't. She then changed the subject.

Leyshoja have you ever done a natural fet? Maybe ask your clinic if you can do a natural one for your last embryo. That way you will be assured you are transferring at the correct time.
    Hmm, its certainly worth asking the question. They usually are absolutely positively adamant that you are NOT to ovulate during a cycle, but since I convinced them last time to transfer two, I think they would bend that rule. However, after thinking about it, they don't do any procedures on weekends so if the timing fell on a Sat or Sun I'd be screwed. I'll ask the question but I'll bet they don't do natural FET's. Just sent the email.... lets see what they say.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Leisylou are you going to do anything different on your 'super wicked health plan'?