Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Skyler I am so sorry. Sending you all my love xxxx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    Do you have to tell your SIL? I would tell a select few people I think. I won't be telling my mother but that's because she has dementia and is in a home and I really don't think she would understand. I'm usually pretty open about things such as IVF but I don't know if I'd feel comfortable with everyone knowing before the child properly understood. Tricky.
    Yeah. My DH is very close with his family and wants to tell them. I think sil will keep any unhelpful comments to herself if she ever has any.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2015),Bongley  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks gorgeous girls for all your support.

Leisylou, my friend who has 2 ivf bubs from 3 cycles, has one day periods also. And very light. Didn't stop her.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Think I'll be joining you Chiefsgirl and Leisylou by having a couple of glasses of wine tonight because I woke up to bright red this morning at 5dp5dt. POAS anyway and BFN. I don't feel all that bad, had my upset night two nights ago when the spotting started.

Tuxcat, I know what you mean about the range of emotions re quitting. I harbour little thoughts about the relief of quitting and I am starting to think about planning a nice overseas trip, maybe go to Iceland, somewhere far away. On the other hand, I can see myself becoming one of those crazy cat ladies! One of my single friends is already way down the crazy cat lady path!

And I agree ladies, there is no good reason for the extreme expensiveness of ivf. They prey on desperation, basically because people will pay it, they can charge it. But I really like all the staff at the clinic and at least they seem to employ really caring people. I've chosen THE most expensive clinic mind you.

Next step, second opinion. Why do I feel like I am being disloyal to my Dr and clinic staff?
    No way @Skyler, I have chosen the most expensive clinic !!! Around $11,000 per EPU and about $3300 for a FET, before medicare. And lets not forget the donor cycle which was around $22,000 but they were generous enough to give me a $3000 discount. What an effing ripoff.
    By the way, if you can afford to go to Iceland, you can certainly afford to go to SA for a holiday which includes ivf if you ever choose to go that way. Whats the bet that I end up there, with their 70% success rates for a double transfer, and I'm one of the 30%. I can see that coming a mile away. I've done a bit of research now and printed out some light reading on the SA donor stuff and it seems pretty straight forward. When I get my official BFN this afternoon I will ask my FS if he's happy to be my Australian support person/drug provider. He's not familiar with it all so I'll send through the docs and we can start preparing.
    Jeez, I feel lucky to have a very supportive family. They are ALL desperate for us to have a bub. Sometimes they seem to want it more than I do lol ! If you're really worried about being judged @Chiefsgirl, does your sil really need to know? Its a very private matter and I'm sure if you told your parents in law that you don't want it wide spread they would honor your wishes?
    I'm also in the same boat with starting too late. I spent my whole life absolutely adamant I didn't want kids. Then just after I turned 40 my ex hubby convinced me we should, then up and left shortly after. Tadaaaahhhh along comes my sweet DP with no kids and happy to go down that track with me. That's my own little lucky miracle.
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 08-04-2015 at 13:15.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2015),MaxKat  (08-04-2015),Skyler  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol Leyshoja, I seem to always fall foul of the statistics too. Fell into the 40% who are unsuccessful with a known cgh normal embryo. Started at 40 with a 1 in 4 success rate (thought that was pretty high) but by the time of the 4th cycle had moved into the older age bracket where success rates plummet. Also think I must be the most unsuccessful 'high responder'. Is there an award for most eggs, most blasts, zero baby?

It's good your current FS could help you with DE but didn't you want to give that clinic the a)se?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I'm definitely getting rid of them. My FS is more like a consultant and referral for them. He doesnt actually work in the clinic with them and he bent over backwards for me this time for the double transfer. Too bad all his effort was in vain
    This sounds very 'woe is me' but I seem to be particularly unlucky. Really, who would have thought after 4 donor egg embies I would still not be UTD? I will die of shock and relief if that last 'fair' quality embie gives me a BFP. I really don't want to have to go to SA, but I'm not ready to stop yet, so the wheels are in motion.
    Boy, reading your signature, you HAVE had a lot of eggs, haven't you ?!?!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2015),Skyler  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja @Skyler @Bongley and @Leisylou I'm so sorry! I can't believe none of you were lucky this time - it absolutely sucks. @leyshoja I feel for you especially with such great odds apparently on your side, and having doubts about the timing of the transfer...just awful. Keeping my fingers firmly crossed for successes for all of you in the next rounds, where-ever they may be.
    @Skyler you made me laugh talking of crazy cat ladies. I've decided that since making a sibling for my girl is proving to be so hard, we'll have to create an animal family We already have a cat and two guinea pigs, but I've promised Lily we'll get a kitten this winter...and chooks...and (ahem) a very small dog. Families come in all shapes and sizes after all

Sending hugs to all of you - you're such strong, amazing women, and you'll make the best mammas one day x
    Last edited by Nereid; 08-04-2015 at 15:44.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nereid For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-04-2015),Skyler  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #13

Skyler and leisylou I am sorry to hear about your bfn's. Statistically we should have had one BFP in this thread the past week but who knows where their statistics come from.
    @tuxcat I have used elonva on both my cycles. I liked just having the one injection on day 2 then nothing till day 6. My first cycle I topped up with puregon and this cycle I topped up with menopur.

I also wonder about the expense. As we were doing pgd this cycle, we weren't meant to have a transfer. When we met with the accountant to pay for the stim cycle (with our clinic we pay it all up front then get the medicare rebate) I asked her if we would get more back as we wouldn't have a transfer. She said no as the transfer came under private insurance. I said no it doesn't. She then changed the subject.

Leyshoja have you ever done a natural fet? Maybe ask your clinic if you can do a natural one for your last embryo. That way you will be assured you are transferring at the correct time.
    Last edited by Emerald26; 08-04-2015 at 15:22.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emerald26 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-04-2015),Skyler  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure what happened, I have posted something yesterday and I think it got deleted. It wasn’t anything rude. Hmmm…@tuxcat I have been on Elonva for my last 4 cycles. My FS has explained that instead of blasting me with high dose which doesn’t work for me, you get Elonva on day 2 and you start topping up from day 6 onwards. I did Puregon 150iu each time. It didn’t really work for me, but I am very poor responder. And I have been only doing ICSI for all my cycles too. My next cycle will be GonalF 600iu and Lucrin. He is aiming for few quality eggs instead of too many crappy ones. Hopefully it will work.Yes @emski72, another day… and looks like another crap one too…@Leisylou very sorry to hear that. I know I am bit too late with my post, but my heart still goes out to you. @Skyler when you are ready for second opinion, every good FS should encourage you to do so. My first did that. He said I need to do it for piece of my mind. Whether it will work or not. But don’t compare clinics/staff. Just remember why you are there. I have been comparing this clinic to previous one and it’s not going well. But got used to this one after nearly 7 months.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaxKat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2015),Skyler  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Btw, one of girls in our office just announced she is 9 weeks pregnant. Same age as me... When I asked her whether it was planned she said: 'not really but what can i do'....
    Don't get me wrong I'm happy for her but seriously! What can I do to get there and just shrug my shoulders....

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MaxKat For This Useful Post: