Closed Thread
Page 10 of 101 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Tomorrow is another day ladies... it's been a crap one today but I think you've all proven today just how supportive you can be to each other 💖

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2015),Chiefsgirl  (08-04-2015),Emerald26  (08-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (08-04-2015),Skyler  (08-04-2015),Summer  (08-04-2015),winsor  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Gosh I've had 1.5 bottles of red i'm a slush!
    LOL, I would have had more except the bottle ran out (it was a half bottle left over from the night before) and DH and I had a glass each and it was gone. I was very tempted to open another bottle except I knew I was looking after three kids today, so didn't want a hangover! And my exceptional crazy health program starts today!

So no coffee (just brewed my medicinal dandelion root, fig, chicory substitute, plus a good dose of Chaga mushroom powder for my immune system), took about 20 supplements and drank 750ml of water. I'm on my way!

It is really difficult when you don't find "the one" until later in life and expect that having babies will be easy. The miscarriages were a huge shock to me - I just didn't think I'd end up on this road - none of us do. Good luck with telling your families about the next step on the road for you guys - and hopefully the religious sister won't cause a fuss - you just keep doing what you know you need to do next. You're one strong lady!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2015),Chiefsgirl  (08-04-2015),winsor  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    @Leisylou I don't think it matters how many ivf cycles/iui/natural cycles you have had, trying is trying. It is always devastating when you have a loss.

Having a partner that isn't supportive is always hard, especially when they lead you on!

I was single from 24 to 31 and then reconnected with my darling DH (who I have known since I was 18) but we were both so commitment shy that it took till I was 38 till we got married. I thought we had so much time. DH's sister who I was friends with at school and the same age, (same class as me at high school) is still popping out babies at 41 I thought we'd fall on our honeymoon. I cried and cried when I got my AF while on our honeymoon. And here we are now.

I broke the news to my mum today via text! She lives in nz and is rather full on, we aren't really close - I didn't even tell her about ivf till we were on our third go! I don't speak with my brother and we haven't broken it with the inlaws yet. They have an aunt and uncle staying with them at the moment (pop is still in hospital with multiple infections and a possible foot amputation due to gang green), so we want to wait till the aunt and uncle have gone before making the call. I am actually a lot closer to my in laws than my mum, so we want to call them rather than email or text. I am a little worried about how they will take the ed route.

I'm especially worried bout the very religious SIL and what their opinion on ed will be. It won't deter us, but it will make family gatherings horribly uncomfortable if they are totally against it.
    Do you have to tell your SIL? I would tell a select few people I think. I won't be telling my mother but that's because she has dementia and is in a home and I really don't think she would understand. I'm usually pretty open about things such as IVF but I don't know if I'd feel comfortable with everyone knowing before the child properly understood. Tricky.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Think I'll be joining you Chiefsgirl and Leisylou by having a couple of glasses of wine tonight because I woke up to bright red this morning at 5dp5dt. POAS anyway and BFN. I don't feel all that bad, had my upset night two nights ago when the spotting started.

Tuxcat, I know what you mean about the range of emotions re quitting. I harbour little thoughts about the relief of quitting and I am starting to think about planning a nice overseas trip, maybe go to Iceland, somewhere far away. On the other hand, I can see myself becoming one of those crazy cat ladies! One of my single friends is already way down the crazy cat lady path!

And I agree ladies, there is no good reason for the extreme expensiveness of ivf. They prey on desperation, basically because people will pay it, they can charge it. But I really like all the staff at the clinic and at least they seem to employ really caring people. I've chosen THE most expensive clinic mind you.

Next step, second opinion. Why do I feel like I am being disloyal to my Dr and clinic staff?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2015),tuxcat  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Skyler Oh no, FFS's Luv!!! I'm so sorry Girl Totally and absolutely faarrkked!!! I was so hoping the other night's spotting was going to be a sign of good things to come

I felt the same when I went to WDA to get a 2nd opinion..kind of like I was "cheating" on my previous FS and being disloyal. But getting that BFP was more important at the end of the day than worrying about how my previous FS would feel if he felt anything at all!!

Most FS expect their patients to go elsewhere for 2nd,3rd etc opinions and they'd get their fair share of people coming into their rooms looking for exactly the same thing from them, so I wouldn't worry too much about it Luv if I was you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Most FS expect their patients to go elsewhere for 2nd,3rd etc opinions and they'd get their fair share of people coming into their rooms looking for exactly the same thing from them, so I wouldn't worry too much about it Luv if I was you.
    Yes, this is what I was going to say. So sorry about your BFN @Skyler

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2015),Skyler  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Skyler - bloody hell, so sorry that you've ended up with a BFN this cycle as well Yep, we can't take a trick here at all... Have a wine or six tonight, you deserve them...

Meanwhile I'm freaking myself out big-time, my period is pretty much finished and that's the way it's been going lately, lucky to last a day and very light. Even though my lining builds OK - it gets to 6-7mm by ovulation, I hardly bleed at all and I'm so scared I have Ashermans syndrome, or am just about in menopause. Wazza didn't think I had Ashermans because he said my lining wouldn't get to 6mm if I did, and he thought I looked OK - and my FSH is normal so maybe not menopause... Wazza just said the level of bleeding doesn't necessarily correlate to the lining - but a one day period, if that??? So worried that even if we do DE I won't be able to carry a baby because of my lining.

Will look into the scratch and flush and maybe I do need hysteroscopy to check out my uterus. Damn it, I am so terrified of medical stuff but I think I have to go this path with the non-existant period.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Leisey they build your lining w DE using progynova - if you're getting to 6-7 without estrogen I'd imagine you'd be fine. X

16. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Skyler sorry to read you had a BFN too

18. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Leisylou @emski72's right Luv...Progynova is part of a full blown Wazza Cycle too I agree 6-7mm's is pretty good Luv without any extra help whatsoever. I think mine was only at 8mm's when I triggered on my last Cycle, though it would've grown a bit more by transfer day but probably not much. The Crinone/pessaries also help to fluff up the lining too

I only really have 1 day of heavy bleeding with AF as well, the rest are just light staining/spotting. See what Wazza says about the Hysteroscopy, etc...At least you can just get all of it done at once while you're knocked out which isn't a bad thing at all You did the jabbing with the needles, so I know you'll be able to do this too if you have to