+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ds is only 9 months old so he got some lovely toys. Ive been reading with interest though & got some great ideas for future easters as im not a fan of giving him heaps of chocolate either. I really like the idea of plastic eggs filled with small gifts!

I saw photos today of babies around ds's age eating easter eggs. Why on earth does a 9 month old need chocolate??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    This thread confirmed that my is weird. Even though we had a big family lunch and my being the only kids they still didn't get anything from anyone else. The only chocolate or gifts they got was from us.
    Dd got nothing from my mum or any of her aunties or uncles. Some people just don't really care if it doesn't directly affect them in some way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    My kids got dominoes from my Granny, she knew that I would give them chocolate and they wouldn't need any more. Then they got 15 egg size eggs from my neighbour each, a bag of mini eggs each from my uncle and a couple more egg size ones from my Mum. She also got them a book and actually did a lot better than past years holding back on what she gave them.
    We haven't seen the inlaws or my Dad yet.. so I'm actually a bit worried about where I'm going to hide this stuff so my 2 year old will stop having tantrums because he knows where it is and wants more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Meh! I'm not really interested in what other families do. Our kids had chocolate for breakfast followed by to many eggs during the day and I'm completely content with that

Hope you all had a great Easter!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jarylee For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (06-04-2015),ThenThereWereThree  (05-04-2015),Tinkers  (05-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the extended family wanted to limit the kids choc haul this year so we all just contributed to a egg hunt and made a list of what they had to find. They loved it much more than just being handed something and still got plenty but not too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds1 got a bunny and six egg size ones for his hunt. When he woke up there was an Easter basket with two mini eggs. He got an egg in a cup from each set of grandparents and a bunny off my brother. I am very pleased that everyone listened to my one egg only rule! I will divvy them out over the next couple of weeks. He ate more than I wanted him too today, but oh well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We don't give eggs to other peoples kids ( family included) my in laws buy their grandkids pjs and my parents take them to the easter show ( was DS first time this year and he had a blast!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds got loads of eggs, mostly because we wanted his easter egg hunt to last longer than a few minutes. Most the eggs will be eaten by dh and myself...though I dont mind that ds eats chocolate, after all, the easter bunny only comes once a year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you ready to be shocked.....we went to the Easter Egg hunt at the Werribee Mansion on Friday came home with 230 little cadbury eggs!!!!!!!!!! 230!!!!!!!! Insane.

DH and I dont eat chocolate (well I do, but only dark chocolate). They are in a bowl on the bench and the kids can help themselves. I find if I dont make a big deal of them and they are not forbidden then they dont tend to care about them all that much and dont go overboard.

We managed to give about 50 away yesterday which was good. Anyone who comes over will be offered some as well.

the kids also got a Humpty Dumpty egg and a rabbit from Easter Bunny and some little lindt bunnies from their grandparents. DD2 had more fun smashing the chocolate into a container than she did actually eating it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

Tinkers  (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS got tons of chocolate from family this year. Last year I said no as he was only 1 but this year he is 2 so I relaxed a bit, plus he's been sick so yesterday I really let him go nuts and eat what he liked. Really regretting it this morning when he's refusing his fruit and throwing a tantrum because he wants choccy eggs for breakfast...