+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquillah View Post
    That's excessive for my household. Easter Bunny bought a new toothbrush, p.j's, a small bunny, some hollow eggs and a handful of hunting eggs. They are encouraged to have a few and save them. I have more the issue of so many family members buying for them. We have three sets of grand parents plus two siblings. It's all put away and is rationed. I don't want them eating that much chocolate but everyone wants to buy them something. I don't want more toys because they have just had birthdays. I'm going to push for a set of p.j's and one small egg next year. We are very lucky they have so many people who love them but it's over the top.
    I've given up with our families. Always excessive presents for Christmas and treats for Easter.

DD is 3 and has the most shocking diet in the world! We can't get enough veg or meat into her it's all white carbs, fruit and sweet foods the grandparents give her. Chocolate is a sometimes good always even at Easter. She's dairy intolerant so it seems she gets bought an excess of dairy free chocolates or they think she can't have chocolate lets but heaps of sugary lollies or tiny stuffed bunnies that end up getting chucked into toy boxes, or other gifts.

Seriously just 1 egg plus a book or colouring book is enough

DS is only 6 months and he gets dairy free chocolate too! Uum no! He's not eating chocolate!!!

I've given up! DD won't be eating any of them, DH and I will and all the other crap they got is going straight to charity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ummmmm pretty sure the parents eat all the chocolate… I speak from experience… It's kind of like insurance for the kids yanno have enough so that when the parents devour them there's still a couple left for the lil tykes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I bought my 2yo one medium egg (a cow shaped one) and a bag of small malteser bunnies, plus a couple of easter story books and an easter colouring in / activity book. Se got probably 30-40 eggs (from the small hunting eggs up to big bunnies) from my family alone and haven't seen ILs yet so she'll also get heaps from them. Thankfully they also got her small non-chocolate gifts so hopefully they're learning that no child needs that amount of chocolate. They know we don't let her eat much sugar so I don't know why they insist on getting her so much, it'll either get eaten by us or chucked in the bin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine got a couple of small rabbits, a few solid eggs and pj's, they got one other, bigger rabbit from my mum - they slept over and she combined my stuff with hers to do their hunt this morning - it kept it all to a minimum. We'll do this again...

Grandma doesn't really do eggs - she's taking them away for most of the holidays and they'll get bits and pieces of treats while away with her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't do anything for DD. She is just 2 and wouldn't understand the whole Easter Bunny thing. She has also just overcome a dairy allergy and still won't eat any chocolate (she is very suspicious of it!). And I am agnostic, so I don't celebrate Easter (DH is a super lapsed Catholic). In the end, we just decided not to bother.

When she is older we might do something, because I don't want her to feel left out if all her friends are getting things off the Easter Bunny. But it will only be a token. I am also astounded with the amount of chocolate bought for such little kids and displayed on FB today!

I am a total chocoholic though, so we do have a small stash of Easter Eggs in the cupboard because they are delicious. But I suspect I will be the only one who eats them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids have been givn sh!tloads. They got a medium sized hollow egg & handful of mini eggs from us and then a massive bunny/egg from every cousin or grandparent. Even the 8 mth old has a stash.

Tonight I'll pack the majority out of sight and use it for baking. The rest I'll give them a little every now & then.

It's no biggie.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grumpybump For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (06-04-2015),rosey82  (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    My kids got one mini organic sugarless fat free easter egg made from ethical cocoa beans picked by hand by well paid and fully respected cocoa pickers under the light of a full moon. I also counteract this splurge of satan food by feeding them kale and quinoa for lunch and dinner. So ner.
    You forgot the packaging aspect ; )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds tried chocolate for the first time today, he wasnt a fan and preferred to eat the foil.
    He got three little eggs and pj's dd got a few little ones a rabbit which we will all share and pj's and slippers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We didn't buy any chocolate for dd (19 months). We got her some hot wheels cars and books. She got 3 small eggs from family. We broke them all up and put them in a box in the fridge so we can ration it out. (She has no idea that the foil contains chocolate cause I haven't let her unwrap any lol!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    This thread confirmed that my is weird. Even though we had a big family lunch and my being the only kids they still didn't get anything from anyone else. The only chocolate or gifts they got was from us.