+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it's excessive the amount some get but maybe the parents eat it? For our girls I got the plastic eggs and put lip balm, stickers, stamps, mini toy cars, toy necklaces and they got 3 of those tiny solid eggs each. then we gave them a book each! Off grandparents aunt ect it's socks dressing gown, books and pjs! Lasts longer then a bit of choc!
    They seem pretty stoked! Lol ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1428197564.783884.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1428197585.745899.jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pmakes3 For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (05-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine gets a lot but doesn't eat all of them - it's all for the fun of hunting them. They have now all 'hatched' out of their wrappings so DH and I will end up eating most of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So so glad this is written here, my dh and I where having this same conversation while walking the dog this morning.
    My mothers group is all doing exactly the same, 20-30 eggs for 2 year olds is just ridiculous in our opinion. We had an Easter egg hunt, but of plastic ones and toy chickens which he was over the moon about.
    Even this arvo we've told our family to start the egg hunt before we got there (while he's having his sleep) as he just doesn't need it at this age.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nala9000 For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (05-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got DS (almost 3) some pjs. The Easter bunny left a tiny pack of kinder surprise stuff, it had 3 little bunnies in it. He ate one and shared the rest with visitors. This arvo we are going to my mums for an egg hunt but the chocolate that he collects (he's the only kid) is for everyone to share. He definitely has more today than normal but still not much!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's not the amount of chocolate that shocks me, it's just the amount of $$ spent and the wastage. It's excessive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think its more of a guilt thing. DS has got a shirt load of eggs but not just from myself. He will share them and they will prolly be around for a few weeks as we will get sick of it.

He also got a movie and yu gi oh cards which is his new fav thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    We have plastic eggs and chocolate here. Plastic ones have cereal and grapes in. I eat some of the chocolate and we spread the rest out so it takes a few weeks to finish it.

Growing up I got heaps of chocolate and I would save it for ages so that my siblings finished theirs ages before me. Haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have some eggs in the fridge but haven't done a hunt or anything yet. The kids have already had about 5-6 little solid eggs over the course of the last week that came from places such as sports and school. Our kids don't 'keep' their eggs themselves and they would go back into the fridge and perhaps have one for dessert a couple of nights a week, whilst having fruit or yoghurt on the other nights. Didn't buy very many to start with and we're not sure how many we will put out for a hunt later. Will need to have a discussion first. We never used to buy eggs until 2 years ago when we figured we were being a bit Scroogish about it and figured the kids really looked forward to the activity. But the kids were too young before then to really enjoy a hunt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I'm trying not to get into the habit of the kids getting lots of chocolate at Easter. Mine are only 3 and not quite 2 though so I suppose it's a bit easier as they aren't asking/expecting a big stash of chocolate from the Easter bunny! They each got 2 little hollow eggs and 2 tiny little chicken shaped chocolates left by the bunny along with pjs, an Easter sticker book, an egg cup and a dvd. I let them eat the chocolates straight away so now there's no whinging for it and the hyped up sugar high is over!

We might have an egg hunt tomorrow with their aunty and uncle but again they will only get a couple of eggs.

I'm hoping that if we start out this way while they are young then they won't expect hundreds of eggs as they get older. I don't understand why you would want to give your kids so much chocolate!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes I found it pretty shocking too. We had 5-6 small eggs/bunnies per toddler.
    We shared them with the adults too. So toddler had 2 eggs today and might have one left tomorrow.

I don't get saving easter chocolate and eating them over 3 months. It's like opening Xmas gifts or still having the Xmas tree up in March IMO.