+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Easter Eggs at Easter

I'm going through my FB newsfeed today and all I see is parent after parent showing pictures of their children's Easter eggs. I think it's great that kids get excited BUT why so many? Do your kids eat all the Easter eggs or do you buy so many so you can share them without saying they are yours? One mother in particular every year shows pictures and her children have over 100 Easter eggs each! I'm not talking small ones either. These children are toddlers do they actually eat this amount? She also isn't the only one, babies under 1 eating huge amounts of chocolate.

So to those that go a little egg crazy at Easter, do you expect your kids to eat ALL the eggs? Are you aware that in 4 small solid Cadbury Easter eggs is nearly the required sugar intake a toddler/child should have for 1 whole day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think we go crazy buying eggs for our kids but we do give them a little extra so that we can all share them.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am as surprised as you! It's my first year with a baby big enough to eat a bit of chocolate. DS will get 3 hunting eggs in a egg hunt and will probably eat one. If that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mine dont get that much BUT its easter, im not gunna worry about their sugar intake for the day.
    My toddler got easter chocolate, he likes opening it lol

Im eating some now while he's napping after being up all night cutting teeth :/

After my 5 years olds behavior this morning I nearly had an entire easter bag to myself as I threatened to take the lot if he didnt stop being such an ungrateful little terror

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThenThereWereThree For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (05-04-2015),Gracie's Mum  (05-04-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (05-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    My kids get one 200g bunny 4 hunting eggs and 5 mini solid eggs. This will last the a week or two. Each kid get theirs in a zip lock bag and they are kept in the fridge.

No one is allowed to eat the lot in a day or 2.

I think it's ok to go over the recommendations for sugar allowance one day a year.

Any eggs left in a 2 weeks will be turned into chocolate chips for biscuits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post

Any eggs left in a 2 weeks will be turned into chocolate chips for biscuits.

Thats actually a smart idea, I know people who were throwing out easter chocolate from last year at easter this year :/

If mine didnt eat it I wouldnt buy it lol, but with two chocoholics it gets eaten

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    That's why I prefer to give a small toy - The easter bunny left DS some new play doh and 1 chocolate egg and then we did a egg hunt at mums with all the kids and he collected maybe 15 of those egg size cadbury eggs, he ate 1 , ( it's more the fun of collecting them than eating them!) we all had 1 each and left the rest at mum and dads which they will probably end up eating! ( or as pp suggested mum could make brownies with them!)

I'm a huge advocate for kids eating healthy but easter and parties I think are an exception!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Easter Eggs at Easter

Don't get me wrong I think it's fine every now and again to go over the recommended sugar intake but some of these parents would have to be letting their children eat 20 eggs a day to even get through the lot in a month!
    I think children deserve to be spoilt on occasions but not this much.

My 4 daughters were so excited over their 2 mini eggs and a Cadbury creme egg, 2 haven't eaten them yet and the other 2 scoffed them down straight away.
    Just editing to add I did also get my daughters an easter outfit each to wear today! Thought something they'll continue to use was better than huge amounts of chocolate!
    Last edited by BabyG4; 05-04-2015 at 10:22.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    easter bunny brought DD 1 easter egg (a favourites one) ... and we bought her some shopkins instead ... which she was super thrilled with.

We did the 'easter hunt' with shopkins

My Mum did win a huge easter raffle though, so I am expecting her to get a fair amount of chocolate later. Grandma always goes overboard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was thinking the same too!
    My boys (aged 5 and 3 years) each received one thing. (The M&M dispenser with egg shaped M&M's). They were so excited and have been playing with and eating them all morning.
    They will receive more chocolate from their nanna and 3 uncles / aunties.