+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat! I have had a few close girl friends over the years, but I dont really have anyone now and havent had for a while. Its pretty sad/pathetic/whatever.

I have always been really open and wear my heart on my sleeve, maybe thats why i have been easy to hurt. I sort of feel like the people I have had around me got jealous rather than happy when something good happened for me and that is a catalyst resentment/jealousy, then deliberately hurting/isolating me. Sounds like a poor me post, but its not really, I am lucky to have experienced it so know what to look for now. Opportunities to make new friends doesn't come up as much anymore and that makes me a bit sad, but I am happy with my DH and family at the moment so dont have a lot of time for everyone else anyway. Having moved recently doesnt help either :/ I wish it was easier. I miss having important/close relationships with people apart from my family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If I could hug you all for feeling so alone I would .. I'm sorry that you have all been hurt or feel alone . .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RuffledPansy For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (09-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    Sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat! I have had a few close girl friends over the years, but I dont really have anyone now and havent had for a while. Its pretty sad/pathetic/whatever.

I have always been really open and wear my heart on my sleeve, maybe thats why i have been easy to hurt. I sort of feel like the people I have had around me got jealous rather than happy when something good happened for me and that is a catalyst resentment/jealousy, then deliberately hurting/isolating me. Sounds like a poor me post, but its not really, I am lucky to have experienced it so know what to look for now. .
    Hugs. I could have written this exact post word for word.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sethysmum For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (09-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sad isn't it @Sethysmum. As a woman I feel like we should be encouraging and supporting each other, (life is hard enough) acknowldging and working on accepting our flaws insecurities - and celebrating our successes along side people who support and encourage you to be a better person. Seems like there are a lot of people happy to see others fail and kick them when they are down in order to feel better about themsleves. Life isn't a competition - i can admit when I am jealous of someone/something, but it doesnt take over my life or make me want to hurt the person. I remind myself we are on different journeys and try to be as happy as I can for them! No point to the post I guess, just that its a bit dissapointing :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is sad @KitiK and I totally agree with you. I just dont get some people I really dont.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sethysmum For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (09-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really feel for you OP. In the last few years I've lost one of my BF's (I had 2) but that was because she's married to my brother and he and I don't get along. It took me a very long time to deal with. I still miss her sometimes. Or miss what we had. My brother and SIL and myself and DH were friends with the same circle of friends so as a consequence of falling out with my brother, I've also lost some other friends I was very close with.
    I would love to meet a new friend I can connect with but it really is hard I think. Anyway OP, wishing you the best moving forward

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OS&N View Post
    i thought i would update..
    i messaged bf and said lets meet up for lunch (living 1.5hrs away i said I'll come to a cafe/restaurant near her place )..and we did..conversation wasnt very smooth, short reserved answers from her, i asked about not seeing much of each other,has anything happened etc she said no everytings good..
    her birthday was last wednesday, usually both of us (since we have families now) tend to spend the actual birthday day with family and meet up with each other at a latter date to celebrate.. so i said how about doing something this weekend..she said no its okay we dont need to celebrate since shes already celebrated with her family...fair enough..
    than today i find out from my SIL(whose DH is friends with bf's DH...so he probably told him) that bf is having a party with her group of friends...
    so...i give up..i dont care anymore...i'll get over this and move on
    It takes a lot of courage, maturity and respect to have the kind of conversation that you tried to have.

In letting go of this friendship, I hope you take comfort in the fact that you have been nothing but respectful and have tried your best to save your friendship. I suppose what I'm saying is, I'm a firm believer that we can't control how others treat us, but we can control how we behave towards others. I hope you feel some sense of peace about how you have handled this challenging situation.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ABigDeepBreath For This Useful Post:

littlelove  (11-04-2015),RuffledPansy  (10-04-2015),sunnyflower  (10-04-2015),Wise Enough  (10-04-2015)