+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CompletelySavvy View Post
    I dont even have a friend friend let alone a close or best friend 😔
    Id definitely try and find out whats happening.
    Same. I don't even have a friend haha. But I did have 2 very close friends but we kind of drifted apart when I moved overseas and we weren't in the same country anymore. I still occasionally speak to them on FB, but not so much. One of them has a DD almost the same age as my oldest DD and the other doesn't have children and took a different path so we drifted anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zoz View Post
    Same. I don't even have a friend haha. But I did have 2 very close friends but we kind of drifted apart when I moved overseas and we weren't in the same country anymore. I still occasionally speak to them on FB, but not so much. One of them has a DD almost the same age as my oldest DD and the other doesn't have children and took a different path so we drifted anyway.
    This is me too, I had a couple of besties in my home country, but have struggled since moving over here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by OS&N View Post
    how many of you have a best friend that has been so for many years??

my best friend ...or more like ex bf ..was mine for 25yrs...we talked about everything and i mean everything...there were no secrets between us..

but than 2 yrs ago she had a new group of friends (these women had their own group and included my bf into it) and slowly the contact between us became non existent..when we did meet up she hardly talked or shared at all..when i would message ;where previously we would have an ongoing conversation; now it would be 1 word replies...

than i found out from another mutual friend that she has girl nights at her place with her new group...never invited me ...where as when i would do anything with my friends (whom she didnt know) i would still invite her since shes my bf..

last weekend she bought a new house ...yesterday was her house warming party..not invited..and i only found out because the caterer she had for the party is a friend of ours and he by the way said are you going to her house warming..

i guess going from 25yrs of being best friend to a acquaintance status is hard...when you hadnt done anything to bring this on...i dont want to ask her why ...whats the point..but it does hurt..
    i dont have alot of friends, actually not counting ex bf i have 3 which i would say are close ,rest are acquaintances...

sorry for the long story..i guess i had to get it out somewhere..
    i know eventually i will get over it and move on ..just needs time..
    Is it possible she never saw you as a best friend?
    You say she was yours, but never that you were hers...

Or that you said/did something to upset/offend her? Not saying this makes her behaviour okay, as it would have been better to call you on it, but people don't always do that. You never know what another feels from your actions/words.

My best friend has been so since we were 10 years old- so 16 years now. She lives in Europe and I live here... so of course I don't get invited to things. And we only talk once a month, but it's like we were never apart (except for all the news we need to catch up on). I know she will always have my back no matter what, as I have hers.

I do think you're 'friend' has become caught up in her new group, but everyone does that at some point. Have you spoken to her about it?
    Last edited by DT75; 05-04-2015 at 10:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i thought i would update..
    i messaged bf and said lets meet up for lunch (living 1.5hrs away i said I'll come to a cafe/restaurant near her place )..and we did..conversation wasnt very smooth, short reserved answers from her, i asked about not seeing much of each other,has anything happened etc she said no everytings good..
    her birthday was last wednesday, usually both of us (since we have families now) tend to spend the actual birthday day with family and meet up with each other at a latter date to celebrate.. so i said how about doing something this weekend..she said no its okay we dont need to celebrate since shes already celebrated with her family...fair enough..
    than today i find out from my SIL(whose DH is friends with bf's DH...so he probably told him) that bf is having a party with her group of friends...
    so...i give up..i dont care anymore...i'll get over this and move on

Thanks
    Reviews
    i messaged bf and said lets meet up for lunch (living 1.5hrs away i said I'll come to a cafe/restaurant near her place )..and we did..conversation wasnt very smooth, short reserved answers from her, i asked about not seeing much of each other,has anything happened etc she said no everytings good..
    her birthday was last wednesday, usually both of us (since we have families now) tend to spend the actual birthday day with family and meet up with each other at a latter date to celebrate.. so i said how about doing something this weekend..she said no its okay we dont need to celebrate since shes already celebrated with her family...fair enough..
    than today i find out from my SIL(whose DH is friends with bf's DH...so he probably told him) that bf is having a party with her group of friends...
    Yep let her go. I'm so sorry she's treating you like this. I hope her other friends move on and she's left friendless (I'm a petty spiteful person).

I hope you find someone worthy of your friendship.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh hugs hun that's really harsh. It sounds like she's not worth being friends with, cause that's a really cr@ppy way to treat someone you've been friends with fir so long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Gee OP, that really sucks

Seems like she's replaced you with her newer group of friends. To be honest, her behaviour says a lot about her character.

Who knows what's going on in her head, but I think it's about her, not you.

She is not a quality friend. You deserve much better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh wow, forget what I said...she's a b*tch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Wow, that's horrible! Id just step away from that friendship completely.

I actually have no friends at all. I've never had a best friend. I never used to care but I do now. Kinda pathetic but oh well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    Wow, that's horrible! Id just step away from that friendship completely.

I actually have no friends at all. I've never had a best friend. I never used to care but I do now. Kinda pathetic but oh well.
    Your NOT pathetic at all .
    I'm the same had a bff quiet a few years ago we are NO longer friends she turned out to be a *****. ...
    I want another bff but I am scared of being hurt again ....it sucks