+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would be beyond hurt if I were in your situation.

I agree with your DH too, I think you should ask. As difficult as that might be, I couldn't move on without having had the conversation with her. Some friendships I could just let slide but a really close friendship is worth my digging deeper.

You could just start with opening it up - I'm wondering about.. I've noticed that...

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    horrible. In sorry OP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have a best friend..

I'd ask yours why she's behaving the way she is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I would ask. I had such a close friend many years and she just distanced herself to the point of us just not seeing each other. I don't think I was the best friend to her at times but I do regret not talking to her and fighting for the friendship.

I was lucky enough to find a wonderful friend about 11 years ago and she really helped me to open myself up to having a best friend again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used to have a best friend. She was a lot of fun, we had so much in common and were part of the same friendship group. Even our boyfriends were best friends. I've never had another friend like her. I miss her and I wish we were still friends, but we had a falling out when I broke up with my boyfriend, things were said and done that can't be take back (mostly by me).

I have another close girl friend now and I like her a lot but it's not the same. She's a lovely girl but I don't feel like we click the same way as I did with my old bestie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have two best friends. One I have known for 18 years, the other for about 14/15 years. The one I have known longest- we have drifted apart a few times due to study/ differences/ relationships/geographics. At the moment we are extremely close. She lives about five mins from me and I see her a few times a week. The other one is my unconditional forever bestie. We have very very different lives and ideals. She lives in another state and for many years lived overseas - but I know she will always have my back. We don't talk all that often any more but we don't need to. Nothing ever changes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have a best friend
    I have two close friends but they each have their own besties and I don't see them as much now that we all have kids and have been on mat leave at different times. I know it sounds a bit lame but I'm a little jealous that they will both have new bubs within a couple of months of each other and will probably spend a bit of time together while on mat leave. I find it hard to make friends, I'm quite shy.
    OP if you feel your friendship is worth fighting for I would definitely speak with your friend and tell her you miss her, she might be a bit oblivious to how you are feeling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs op that would be very hurtful.

I have a handful of close friends. I close to holding BF title. Making friends as an adult isn't easy.
    Last edited by superbuns; 05-04-2015 at 07:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you have known her that long I would confront her.

I would be so mad and angry TBH. Ok you don't have to be best friends? But at least invite you over. So rude.

I have two! One since kindy! We always fall apart but pick up again. Straight where we left off. She has no kids, travels etc works full time so its hard I understand. My other bestie has three teens and works full time. We had but blow out because my ds is in her wedding not ds but I'm highly strung that's my personality ha! If you can't tell 😝

Just talk to her, you never know what's going on. Hugs hun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont even have a friend friend let alone a close or best friend 😔
    Id definitely try and find out whats happening.