+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any Regrets?

I know this is a tricky one but Has anyone regretted going for that one more? has it made family holidays harder or impossible? activities harder to accommodate, food bill enormous etc. Do you ever wish that you had stopped at a smaller number or are all these things just part of it.
    FYI I have 3 already and wondering about a 4th.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our fourth was a massive surprise pregnancy, it took me the better part of the pregnancy to even accept the idea BUT I will never ever regret having her! I fall more and more in love with her everyday (she's two in May), sure groceries may have gone up a little, accommodation/holidays haven't really changed from when we had three. I really struggled when we first had her, I was overwhelmed but my issues went back further than that, I still never regretted having her. Also, all of our older children absolutely adore her and have from day one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I just had my third and while I'm sleep deprived and life is full on, I have zero regrets. In fact I have found the 3rd baby the easiest of the 3. The first I didn't know what I was doing, the 2nd I think in some ways was the hardest bc the 2nd is a big change. Number 3 has just kind of slotted in. As I said, life is very busy but he is the light of my life and not regretted a single bit.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

littleblue169  (26-04-2015),Preshy2008  (04-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    No, even though the pregnancy was troubled (he was born at 31+5 weeks) and massively impacted health.
    He is honestly just a joy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

littleblue169  (26-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love our baby number 4. We are currently at a tough point in life financially where we know that if I hadn't been pregnant last year I could have easily landed a really great part-time job and been able to move house already and have the funds to pay it off easily and have a stable life and able to do more. BUT! That didn't happen, I had several miscarriages and so I didn't return to work as planned.

In saying that, I can see this point for what it is and know that we will get through it and eventually a job will come along. We love our little guy to bits and will enjoy his company forever more. I don't regret having him at all - I regret the fact that I didn't have proper care from the medical profession and as a result it took longer for him to get here.

I truly don't think I would have coped very well not having him here to be honest - he has helped me heal in many ways.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

mint80  (04-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No regrets at all about our 4th little surprise baby. We never planned on being a family of six and it took a huge hit financially having to buy 2 bigger cars and our food bill is crazy and only getting crazier with 4 growing boys. Holidays are no different financially as we are 4wders and are fully set up but I have to say going back to chasing a baby around and entertaining them on long car rides wasn't exactly fun at first. I'd have another in a heartbeat I think but hubby is done and my tubes are tied :-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to our4boys For This Useful Post:

mint80  (04-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    I truly don't think I would have coped very well not having him here to be honest - he has helped me heal in many ways.
    Our fourth is like this too 💖

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TableDancer For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (03-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No regrets. #4 was a total surprise. I contemplated having a termination, because our life was perfect and I wasn't sure how we could add another. But #4 is amazing. He is my easiest baby. And because of how good he is, we even had #5.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies you have really helped clear my head and I know now that I could handle another child in our family.

HOWEVER DH and I have been talking and he said that he knows I would be fine with another child he isn't sure if he would cope. he already works hard so I can be a SAHM and I don't want to put more pressure on him- but he hasn't said a definite no either. Any advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really didn't notice the difference between 3 and 4 in regards to life. We already have to Holiday in apartments rather than Hotels etc and the food bill has pretty much stayed the same (although it will go up soon enough.....4 teenage boys will send us broke!) There are days when I think how much easier it would have been with just 1 or 2 kids.....especially on the days my 2 year old is doing the stereotypical terrible twos thing!

What I am finding difficult as they get older is managing our Schedule. Extra curricular activities, school events, social events and trying to work are getting exceedingly difficult now that three of them are at school. I only work part-time and even that is a struggle with a large family! It was much easier when it was just Daycare and Work