+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    @Snooze

I have lost over 10kgs and it hasn't made a difference to my pcos or my cycle. My current cycle is over 155 days long.
    Same. But probably because I'm very overweight!

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GemimaPuddleduck View Post
    @Mamasupial and doctors say if you lose weight it'll fix it. Sometimes I think they're full of ****. They will blame everything on being overweight. I've lost more than 15kgs and nothing's changed.
    I was told if you lose 10% of your body weight cycles return to normal. I've done that..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've read and heard that even 5% is enough for a change

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default TTC and weight loss

@Mamasupial @ProudMumma34I've lost well over 10% and, while I feel better, it's not enough. I am lucky enough that my cycles aren't as long as others but it's not what it used to be. And I don't think weight solves everything.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GemimaPuddleduck For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (06-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    @Mamasupial @ProudMumma34I've lost well over 10% and, while I feel better, it's not enough. I am lucky enough that my cycles aren't as long as others but it's not what it used to be. And I don't think weight solves everything.
    Agreed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Mamasupial I'm still trying to lose more weight cos there's a lot more to go. And it'll be another 2 months before I get tests done agin so we will know then how much of a difference it makes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    @Snooze

I have lost over 10kgs and it hasn't made a difference to my pcos or my cycle. My current cycle is over 155 days long.
    Exactly - it's not just the weight factor. Losing weight will help, but apparently a ketogenic diet also has a positive effect on reducing insulin resistance & testosterone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Ta! 15th feels so far away right now
    Low impact is better than nothing. And it's not too much to overwhelm you. Xx
    It doesn't feel too far away especially when my twins turn 4 on the 16th! Feels like it's going too fast for me lol.

At my gyno appt she said, that losing weight will sometime have no effect, it's all dependent on the person. But she did say that for some people, losing 5% will make a huge difference.

I know for me, my cycle can be greatly affected by my weight. When I was really underweight back in my late teens, I didn't have a period for about 6-7 months. and I find I get back to semi-regular when my BMI is in the lower part of "overweight". But like i said, that's just me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sabochan For This Useful Post:

GemimaPuddleduck  (06-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooze View Post
    Exactly - it's not just the weight factor. Losing weight will help, but apparently a ketogenic diet also has a positive effect on reducing insulin resistance & testosterone.
    I don't have insulin resistance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes i definitely agree. Although when i got pregnant i was 20kgs lighter from my current weight i certainly didn't have regular cycles. Believe it or not i had one cycle before i got pregnant then i didn't have a period for one whole year! I went to a diff gp i was seeing at the time who didn't seem concerned about it and said that it's ok not to have one. I saw her at 22 weeks dor something and she was this skinny minny....she was trying to get pregnant too...she actually said to me "you give me hope"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

GemimaPuddleduck  (06-06-2015)