+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like Gemima! Can I ask, how much weight would you like to lose? I haven't really given duromine ago but may try it out once my body gets to used to the shakes. I have such a long way to go that it can seem overwhelming sometimes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Duromine is difficult to obtain as it contains speed.
    I said no at first but the doc said I will have a lot of trouble losing weight without it.

My start weight was 117kg.
    I'm down to 107 now.

I got down to 94 in 2013 then gained it all back in 2014.

If I can get to 90 I will be very happy.
    The ultimate goal is 80kg.

What about you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would love to lose 40kgs so have a lot of work to do. It seems so far away so I try to break it down to mini milestones. I had gotten a prescription for duromine before but figured I would try by altering my eating firstly before giving it a go. Hopefully I can make these kgs move! I had lost a lot of weight once upon a time but it's back on now after many years of not paying attention.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default TTC and weight loss

We have similar goals 😊

I think it's definitely doable but will require a lot of hardwork and it has to be a permanent change.

If you're having trouble then duromine is great to "kickstart" the weight loss as my doc put it.
    He said it's easier to lose weight once you've already lost some.

The doc also told me that there is a special program through Medicare where you can receive 5 free sessions with a dietician.
    Obviously you have to meet the criteria for it but it's worth a shot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Gemima! I'm going to do another 2 weeks on these shakes and then re-assess what I do from there. I've set myself a timeline to achieve these goals and as far as I'm concerned TTC all hinges on me losing this weight (FS doesn't seem to mind but I do). I'm finding the shakes are blocking me up so I'm going to see if green tea can help with that. So desperate and impatient to lose weight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Duromine and metformine will help with being blocked up! Haha
    Everything I've ever read has said that there is a much higher chance of conceiving if you've just lost weight. Good luck! Is your DP on the weight loss journey with you? My DH is trying but doesn't always stick to it. (Neither do I if I'm being 100% honest.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to know in case I ask the doctor for another script! Do you find that it really decreases your appetite significantly?

DP is trying to lose a couple of kgs but she really doesn't have much to lose. Maybe 5kgs.... She has been encouraging me though and very supportive too which is good. It's hard for her because she feels bad for eating normal food around me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DH is the same. I figure we're going to be tempted regardless so there's no point in them missing out all the time. But it does help to have them eating and exercising with you, keeps you on track!
    I'm actually not sure which medication is decreasing my appetite. I think it might be the metformin. I have to force myself to eat so that I can take the medication. I never finish a meal anymore. It's actually taken all the joy out of eating which I guess I needed..
    I was on duromine a long time ago and I still ate (not as much) but it just made my metabolism speed up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah that's right, I don't want to deprive her of what she wants because I need to lose the weight haha. Im hoping that I can lose at least 10kgs before the end of the month. I need to work hard to meet my little goal but surely I can do it. That's roughly 2.5kgs a week. Once I have lost another 10kg then I can figure out where to go from there in terms of my method to losing it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That's a great goal to have! They say 0.5-1kg a week is a good loss so anything more than that is great. Don't forget to take photos, sometimes you might not see it on the scales but you will see it in the photos. Let me know how your progress goes and I'll keep you updated on mine too

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GemimaPuddleduck For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (06-04-2015)