+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GemimaPuddleduck View Post
    @JET09 I need lunch ideas too! I'm very picky. Not a fan of salads (only like carrot and beetroot).
    My biggest problem at the moment is that I forget to eat because I'm not hungry. I'll have a slice of toast in the morning to have my medication then I forget about lunch because I'm busy. Then I have some tomato soup for dinner because I don't feel like proper food. I've never been like this! Every time I skip a meal, I skip my medication so it's not good! Tried to have some fruit and yoghurt today but it all went to waste because one of the kids decided he wasn't enjoying the excursion and had a meltdown and stormed out (this happens frequently in my job and I'm always the one that chases them).
    what are the foods you're trying to avoid?

I'm currently doing stuffed potatoes for lunch (only eat one half for lunch though) but if you are trying to cut out carbs, that's not really going to work for you.

veggie sticks and dip is yummy. I made my own eggplant dip recently, was soooo good.

frittata is another great idea as someone else mentioned. just make a batch on a Sunday evening and cut it into slices to take for lunch each day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @TortoiseNotTheHare don't be down on yourself. Weight fluctuates daily that's why it's best not to weigh in too often, especially when AF is due.
    Just let it motivate you. Well done on your workout tonight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks @lolly007 low carb high protein for me. Seeing a dietician next week to help me out.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GemimaPuddleduck For This Useful Post:

lolly007  (15-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm due for AF too. So not sure about this weeks weightloss. For lunch, I've been taking a vege bake - just whatever veg I have with a tin of tomatoes over the top and some crumbled feta. Last night I added chickpeas. Roast in oven for 30-40 then reheat in microwave at work. Yum

Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC and weight loss

Thanks @GemimaPuddleduck 😊

As you all know I'm trying to lose this weight so DP and I can start TTC so that's great motivation. Sometimes I make some "bad" choices so to keep myself in line I've decided to adopt the "will this make the boat go faster?" method. If you haven't heard of it you should look it up. Basically a UK rowing team trying to win gold but not getting anywhere doing the same old thing changed their tactic and before doing anything, would ask themselves "will this make the boat go faster?". If the answer was no then they wouldn't do it. For example will working out make it go faster? Yes? Then do it. Will going to be pub make it go faster? No? Don't do it.

Anyway long story short my version is "Will this bring my baby closer?" If the answer is no then why would I do it? I've also asked DP to keep me in check in my moments of weakness. Not everyone knows why I'm losing weight so she will simply ask "will this make the boat go faster?" if I need to stop and think about the choice I make. It's like our own little code lol.

Anyway the concept works with any goal. PS - they won the gold. It pays off but won't just happen. They worked hard and asked themselves that question many, many times.
    Last edited by TortoiseNotTheHare; 15-04-2015 at 20:09.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

GemimaPuddleduck  (16-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Weight watchers works so long as you track, it is just a great way to keep yourself accountable as you are righting everything down. I also keep a few frozen weight watchers meals in the freezer at work in case I am having an off day or haven't had time to prepare something, my fave lunch idea is wraps or frittata though. I'm also not a big salad fan prefer a big pile of steamed veg anyday!
    @TortoiseNotTheHare bad choices do not define our weight lose goals the choices after them do so I wouldnt be stressing over a bad choice I would be concentrating on making the next choice a brilliant one! Love the "will this make the boat go faster" I am doing the same everytime I go for something bad I ask myself if its more important then wanting a Baby, answer is no everytime!

Good to see everyone going well and loving the motivation and support coming from this thread. Have a great day everyone

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Connollys For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (16-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lolly007 View Post
    what are the foods you're trying to avoid?

I'm currently doing stuffed potatoes for lunch (only eat one half for lunch though) but if you are trying to cut out carbs, that's not really going to work for you.

veggie sticks and dip is yummy. I made my own eggplant dip recently, was soooo good.

frittata is another great idea as someone else mentioned. just make a batch on a Sunday evening and cut it into slices to take for lunch each day.
    Hey love

I'm not avoiding anything in particular except bread.
    Bread makes me bloat worse then AF lol.

I have gone back to shakes today as I'm not feeling well Lately and can't be f'd eating.

So shakes for breakfast vegie sticks at lunch and meat and salad dinners for now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all I found this thread and thought I see if I can join in the chat
    i already have dd of almost 3yr old before I fell preg I was 116kg lost weight while I was preg but I had dd 7 weeks early due to pre-e and hellp but put it back on when my dd 1 and half I was 112.5kg got sick of the way I was looking and did something about it I started August 2013 join a gym in in sept and since then I lost about 20kg and I'm only half way there and about couple months ago I got the marina out and now ttc im
    fittet than last time. I hope to join with you guys loosing weight and ttc and see each other's tips
    i just thought I tell you my story and share

12. The Following User Says Thank You to chookapesto For This Useful Post:

JET09  (16-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Welcome @chookapesto great to see your progress so far! Have you got a goal amount to lose and a date you want to lose it by?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GemimaPuddleduck View Post
    Welcome @chookapesto great to see your progress so far! Have you got a goal amount to lose and a date you want to lose it by?
    thanks GemimaPuddleduck . I haven't been on bub hub in ages so sorry I have forgotton to highlight people names
    want to reach 80 by the end of the year that's if I don't fall preg first but I'm starting to have excess skin and will eventually need to have surgery but not til I finish having kids.