+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misstrouble View Post
    Tamtam I've read quite a few of your posts over time and I take my hat off to you with how well you seem to keep battling. My ds's issues are pretty minor but I still throw my hands up in frustration every couple of days. He has no interest in sitting down to eat and rarely shows interest in food. We can't go out at meal times because he just won't be part of it. I was so jealous the other day catching up with a friend with a son the same age - at afternoon tea time her son came and sat down and fed himself from a bowl of fruit. Meanwhile DH and I were chasing DS around the park shoving tiny bits of peanut butter sandwich in his mouth because he hadn't eaten since 10am.
    Oh trust me I throw my hands up in frustration a lot. I've cried a lot. I've even broken a few plates in frustration (I've done this when DD was not around! ! It was very cathartic). I think any feeding issue is stressful. .. Minor or major. .. honestly ... It's so hard for us mummy's (and daddys) because we just want this best for our babies.

I guess I got to the point where I surrender to it. Sounds weird. . But I know I can't make her eat. If she's screams and carries on about getting in the high chair I just don't feed her. She throws the food everywhere. ..I can't make her put it in her mouth.

And I'm very very very jealous of kids sitting at tables eating food and joining in. Nearly every time we try going out for food I watch other kids with envy. Though DD has taken to loving babycino so I always get her one. But I have to watch closely or it ends up being thrown! !!

As for weigh ins. ... At some point I think you have to also surrender to that. DD was having twice weekly weights for months and months. ... And I got to the point where I couldn't maintain that level of vigilance. I just had to trust my mummy instinct if I thought something was wrong.

DD is nearly 2 and half. ... We have a paed appointment on Tuesday. ... I'm not sure she's cracked 11kgs. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    It really can be all about getting that diagnosis just to confirm there's an actual problem, so that there are solutions to try and fix them than just not knowing!
    Exactly. We had been fobbed off by two paeds before going to a private feeding clinic. One paed told me upper lip ties were a fad and didn't even bother looking in his mouth.

Allergies must make it so hard A-Squared and so confusing for your DD. We thought DS was CMPI for a few months and it was almost impossible to eat out, I would hate to deal with that long term.

Mamasupial your DD sounds like one of my friend's DD. Getting a bottle into her is a battle every time and they have been tracking her weight as she is tiny. The only way to get her to have a bottle, even now at 15 months, is to distract her - out walking in the pram, watching TV or watching things on a phone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    We had that same experience with DD every single health professional we saw from day dot and the ABA said it was normal baby behaviour. Ah no screaming on pain which was coincidentally after every single feed - yeah sure that's normal! So frustrating and oh so common

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    So today has been a struggle so far. DS didn't want to feed first thing this morning, has been squirming around and groaning and grunting as he's uncomfortable and I don't know what to do to fix it. Of course when he's like this I can't give him his solids or reflux meds as he clamps his mouth shut while he's grunting away.

Then he didn't want to breastfeed do I waited until nap time to try again and he fed but only because he's wrapped, we are in a dark room and there's no other distraction like toddlers and TVs.

In true form he is asleep, had finished feeding. The second I put him down he wakes up, so I pick him up and he lets out the most massive burp but is wide awake do I put him down and leave the room after he refused to breastfeed again.

5 minutes later he's crying for me, I pick him up and another huge burp! So he's finally accepted boob again and I'm feeding him to sleep.

Who knows if he will stay asleep this time, but if he doesn't I'll have to get him up, I can't spend this long licked away in our room while DD is left on her own for 30-45 minutes.

This is what happens for every feed, play, feed, sleep cycle, even at night! It gets really old and tedious.

I'm sure you all understand.

I just feel hopeless that I can't help him, he's just miserable the whole time he's awake as his tummy / digestive system is causing him grief. It gets me down every cycle, ever single day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Big hugs. Really hope things improve soon.

Possums last feed was a huge 20mls..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    Big hugs. Really hope things improve soon.

Possums last feed was a huge 20mls..
    And hugs to you too. Does she get distressed and stop or does she just turn her head and refuse?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs ladies. You're doing an amazing job. I wish there was something that could make things better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    And hugs to you too. Does she get distressed and stop or does she just turn her head and refuse?
    Sometimes one, sometimes the other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    What have her doctors said to do about her taking a little amount?

I'm thinking I might take DS back to the paed earlier than our appointment. I just know there's something else other than his reflux going on. It's not right he should find it this hard to poo. He's definitely not constipated as his poos are always on the thinner and pasty side, never formed or pebble like

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could he be lactose intolerant as well as cmpi? The wind and pain issues were what ds had when he was intolerant.