+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Constantly in the wars

DS is 16 months and is always in the wars. He is full on, go go go from morning til night and seems to be constantly falling over, bumping his head, running into things, climbing up things and having to be rescued etc. our house is relatively child proofed but nothing seems safe with him.

He just fell down some stairs (that he is allowed to climb, to get to his outdoor play equipment). I was right next to him but still couldn't stop him in time and now he has a huge egg on his head. I feel so awful. But this is normal for this age right? I feel like I need to wrap him in bubble wrap, or at least his head because I reckon he's only got about 7 brain cells left.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    DS is 16 months and is always in the wars. He is full on, go go go from morning til night and seems to be constantly falling over, bumping his head, running into things, climbing up things and having to be rescued etc. our house is relatively child proofed but nothing seems safe with him.

He just fell down some stairs (that he is allowed to climb, to get to his outdoor play equipment). I was right next to him but still couldn't stop him in time and now he has a huge egg on his head. I feel so awful. But this is normal for this age right? I feel like I need to wrap him in bubble wrap, or at least his head because I reckon he's only got about 7 brain cells left.
    My DS is the same, he's 25months old & always has bruises all over him! He chipped one of his front teeth when he was 13 months! ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1427955816.356102.jpg

He did that one at about 15 months, I always say to hubby, imagine the dents on his skull if he had an X-ray!!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ouch! Poor bubba. Here is DSs bump from tonight. Recently he ran along the couch and smashed his teeth and tore his frenum. I can't cope, is it a boy thing?! ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1427956235.666399.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dd is nearly 6 and is crazy clumsy when shes tired-its the last 2 weeks of school and shes reallly tired ao is constantly tripping etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This makes me feel SO much better!! DS 13 months has a constantly bruised head.

Thanks
    Reviews
    completely normal my toddler is a climber, he managed to fall off the (low) netted trampoline the other day :/ covered from head to toe in bruises, he had a bruise on his bum the other week, how? his *** is nappied lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd hurt her little nose (falling out of bed, luckily it's low so nothing major ). They're just that horrible combination of fearless and clumsy

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1427972680.594489.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS was like that too at that age. He was constantly bumping his head, falling off things, tripping over etc. I was genuinely worried that he would cause himself permanent damage. He gave me so many grey hairs. Now he's 5 and super bright and bubbly so he seems to have gotten through unscathed. The one upside is that he's very tough and scrapes and bumps really don't bother him at all, probably because he's been desensitised to pain after his accident prone toddler years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I was always in the wars as a kid and it's because I had many ear infections which affected my balance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Ds is 18 months and covered in scrapes and bruises. He is very adventurous which scares the heck out of me! His latest is climbing on his table to he can reach the kitchen bench, he has fallen off twice already. When we tell him no he just smiles and laughs at us. Guess its just their way of exploring and finding boundaries