+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Default Aside from having your children - what is the best moment of your life?

In terms of making me the person that I am, I would say graduating from University.

In terms of most exciting (other than kid/wedding) would be my first trip to Europe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I moved out of home and was finally free to make my own choices (haven't always made the best of them, but it's better than the alternative ).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't think I could choose just one "best". There's so many highlights - travel experiences feature heavily. The first time I rock climbed a cliff face and then abseiled back down was so exhilarating and the same with snorkelling off Tanna in Vanuatu...so beautiful and untouched it literally took my breath away.

Most amazing moment - snorkelling off Wilson Island (southern GBR) with my DH when a huge green turtle swam up to us, paused and gave us the eye, we stayed perfectly still, it swam full circle around us before swimming off again. That's once in a life time stuff; I'm so glad my DH was there to share it with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Aside from my babies and meeting/marrying DH, I would have to say performing on stage through highschool and Uni. Such fantastic times

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aside from kids/DH I'd say making my career change. It took a while to figure it out and I had to leave a promising job but I absolutely love what I do now, something I couldn't say before. I feel like there is so much opportunity around the corner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Landing FT job before finishing uni
    Coming to after a seizure
    Travelling o/s

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of the best would be the first live calf I pulled. Nothing better than new babies!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (02-04-2015),MsViking  (03-04-2015),SpecialPatrolGroup  (02-04-2015),Teenz  (02-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My wedding day, and too many amazing days travelling that I could mention. One of my favourites though was walking through the many amazing shrines in Kyoto with softly falling snow all around me, and silence. Absolutely beautiful and very serene experience.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have been thinking of this. after having my children and getting married, being there when my grandchildren have been born. I was in the delivery room when J was born. I was entertaining J when he brother was born in the next room. that was wonderful. also some travelling. one highlight was Uluru. (Ayers rock) that was a really spiritual expierence and something I wish every aussie could do. so any people from os do get to it, but such a small percentage of aussies get there. im sure there are more things. marie.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Raising money to build a school library, then going to Malawi to build it.

Swimming on the top of Victoria falls would be a close second.

My whole Africa trip was life changing.