+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msarahm View Post
    the only issue my GP seems to think my OB will handle it. So if i see him, he will say wait to see the OB :s
    Yep, I had very high blood pressure 2 years ago. then it came down a bit, but never back to normal and now since getting pregnant, it seems to heading back to that scary level from 2 years ago :s
    Call ob and gp. It's high enough for them to see you. Very easily managed with meds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    To be honest if it's 170/90 I'd be heading into hospy to have if monitored. I wouldn't be waiting for the dr to call you back . The hospital will call your ob.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with the previous posts, I'd be going in to hospital or at the very least give them a call. If it makes you feel any better mine today went to 161/94. I was told to go straight in & am on a range of medication to try & lower it. They also did a urine test for protein too. The doctor told me it's not worth risking & to ring anytime it goes over 140 or I get bad headaches. Good luck, I hope all goes well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

Thanks for all the advice. After I read this all I decided to do something about it.
    It wasn’t easy as I don’t have an assigned OB as I’m going public.
    So instead I called the Women’s Desk at the hospital I’m going to.
    The lady I spoke to took down all the info and said she would speak to an OB and call me back.
    When she called me back she told me to go straight to the hospital.
    So off I went – for 9 hours :s
    They did urine tests and they didn’t have any protein in it. So that’s good. But it is still early :s
    The result was that they have put me on Aldomet and moved my next OB appointment forward.
    So I’m feeling a lot better about things now. I have ordered a home BP test machine to monitor in between appointments.

Thanks everyone for your help! I would have waited until my May appointment if I didn’t come on here.
    So thanks!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to msarahm For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (14-04-2015),Rocky27  (14-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so glad you went in It's always so hard to know if should ring/or go in. At least they're on top of it now for you & you have peace of mind. It's also good that the doctor is also now aware of it too & can monitor the reading/s if it changes. I'm having a really hard time trying to keep mine down at the moment & even with medication am 26 weeks pregnant. Good luck, I really hope it stays down for you

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

msarahm  (14-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your advice. I will store all the numbers
    And I won’t leave it next time, I will call straight away
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    @msarahm

That's really good.

Make sure you store that number in your phone as well as the birth suite/delivery suite number (if its a different number). Find out from the hospital what number they want you to call with concerns.

Call them at anytime you are concerned - whether its your BP, feeling headachy/blurry vision/epigastric pain/swelling as well as the other pregnancy stuff as time goes on - decreased movements, bleeding, contractions etc.

Don't ever worry that you're going to annoy someone or waste someones time by calling and/or going in. You're not.

Be prepared for those medication doses to go up and down as the pregnancy progresses. Hopefully you won't need any overnight admissions to stabilise your blood pressure, but just keep it in the back of your mind as a possibility.

At your next appointment, ask the doctors how frequent you can expect to be seen from now on.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    I'm so glad you went in It's always so hard to know if should ring/or go in. At least they're on top of it now for you & you have peace of mind. It's also good that the doctor is also now aware of it too & can monitor the reading/s if it changes. I'm having a really hard time trying to keep mine down at the moment & even with medication am 26 weeks pregnant. Good luck, I really hope it stays down for you
    Yep, feeling a lot happier now. Obviously it won’t all be clear sailing from here, but I’m just happy that they are now aware of that fact
    :s hopefully they can get yours under control. Good luck and same to you as well!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to msarahm For This Useful Post:

Rocky27  (14-04-2015)