To be honest if it's 170/90 I'd be heading into hospy to have if monitored. I wouldn't be waiting for the dr to call you back . The hospital will call your ob.
I agree with the previous posts, I'd be going in to hospital or at the very least give them a call. If it makes you feel any better mine today went to 161/94. I was told to go straight in & am on a range of medication to try & lower it. They also did a urine test for protein too. The doctor told me it's not worth risking & to ring anytime it goes over 140 or I get bad headaches. Good luck, I hope all goes well.
Thanks for all the advice. After I read this all I decided to do something about it.
It wasn’t easy as I don’t have an assigned OB as I’m going public.
So instead I called the Women’s Desk at the hospital I’m going to.
The lady I spoke to took down all the info and said she would speak to an OB and call me back.
When she called me back she told me to go straight to the hospital.
So off I went – for 9 hours :s
They did urine tests and they didn’t have any protein in it. So that’s good. But it is still early :s
The result was that they have put me on Aldomet and moved my next OB appointment forward.
So I’m feeling a lot better about things now. I have ordered a home BP test machine to monitor in between appointments.
Thanks everyone for your help! I would have waited until my May appointment if I didn’t come on here.
I'm so glad you went in It's always so hard to know if should ring/or go in. At least they're on top of it now for you & you have peace of mind. It's also good that the doctor is also now aware of it too & can monitor the reading/s if it changes. I'm having a really hard time trying to keep mine down at the moment & even with medication am 26 weeks pregnant. Good luck, I really hope it stays down for you
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!