+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Who's had teeth whitening?

I'm really really wanting to get my teeth whitened at the dentist, but I have no idea how much it is or what's available. I'm hoping for something around $200-$300. Is there even such a thing? Has anyone had any luck?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just found one called Zoom! Whitening.

Anyone wanna donate $950?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had it done 2 years ago for about $500. I got a voucher from one of those Groupon sites for it.
    The in chair whitening is not a nice experience. You have to sit for an hour with your mouth held wide open. It is uncomfortable when they do the lasering (even with the anaesthetic) and then once it's done you keep getting these painful zings in your teeth for the rest of the day.
    The results were good, 2 years later I'm feeling like I need it again though so it's not permanent, especially if you are a coffee drinker.
    I think if I do it again I would get the mouth guards. My normal dentist said he could supply me with the whitening stuff but I need to get the fitted mouthguards first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I realised that whitening wasn't the answer to a perfect smile! Now I want to spend more money getting veneers to make my teeth perfectly even and nice

Thanks
    Reviews
    It cost me about $500 5 years ago I think. I didn't have the in chair laser but the take home dentist kit, the trays were the expensive part but they do last and my dentist charges $90 for a whitening pack now.
    I really need to do them again but will have to wait for this baby to be born!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got mine done about 4 years ago - I had quit smoking a year or so before so needed it!

My dentist made moulds of my teeth to make custom trays, and I wore them overnight with the whitening solution for 2 weeks.

It was really effective, and only cost about $200 from memory - most of the cost of making the trays was covered by my health insurance extras, I just had to pay for the whitening solution and the appointment.

The good thing about this approach is that your teeth are less sensitive that they would be if you did it in an hour, it's more subtle (you still get a dramatic result, it's just it takes a few weeks), and you can cheaply top them up down the line if you need to - I bought more solution and did a week of the trays before my wedding to make them super white for the photos

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies. What about store-bought (ie Coles/woollies) whitening treatments? Has anyone tried any of those? I used to use the Colgate Optic White Toothpaste, but it made my lips go sooo dry and the inside of my mouth yuck I've tried to Optic White Pen too, but it's just plain gross.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have used the white glo trays from priceline and they work but u have to keep doing it to keeo them white.. But def work. I just do it when I feel like they are getting too yellow and it makes them nicer for a month. Otherwise I try make sure I brush my teeth after coffee (even at work) or staining foods which helps too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A custom tray from a dentist should cost less than $300 and the vials of bleach under $30 and they last awhile. My dentist friend got me to buy the white glo trays from price line and she moulded them to my teeth at home, so I didn't have pay for a custom one.