+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Parents room in US

Hi everyone, my husband wants to take our DD on a short trip overseas to the US. I am 100% fine with him looking after our daughter and am actually excited for both of them. My only concern is bathroom visits with her. Are there parents room in most places in the US? Dh plans to take her to some fun kid places in the Los Angeles area. I have never been to the US but imagine it would be similar to Australia in that aspect. FYI dd is six years old. I have to let my Dh know fairly soon whether it's ok or not to take dd. This is the only thing keeping me back from saying yes. Any advice or info. will be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't see this as a show stopper. I would just get him to to take her to the male toilet with him or he go in with her to the ladies. Or use the disabled toilet.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Fina14  (01-04-2015),Ngaiz  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I found their version of a parents room is just a disabled toilet in most places.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Fina14  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sure she'll be fine, it's not like he's going to need a changing table or anything so I'm sure he can just take her in with him or use the disabled toilet. It's such an awesome opportunity for her and I personally wouldn't make her miss out over such a small detail.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

Fina14  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The idea of dh taking her into a male bathroom doesn't sit well with me. It would be an ok thing if she's much younger like 3 or less. I will just have to trust that my dh will do his best when it comes to bathroom visits. I have thought about it more this morning and yeah it's not something that should hold my dd back from having a wonderful experience with her dad. Thanks for your input ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can dh really go into a female's bathroom? I thought that woyld be a big no no. You're right disabled toilet is a possible option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If he just shouted out "dad coming in with my girl is it ok" I know I would say sure no problem. Each toilet is behind closed doors anyway so I don't see a big deal. How exciting for your daughter and what a great bonding opportunity together.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Fina14  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fina14 View Post
    Can dh really go into a female's bathroom? I thought that woyld be a big no no. You're right disabled toilet is a possible option.
    A change room would be different but yeah I think we need to cut dads some slack

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Fina14  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think going into a male bathroom is a big deal, if he sticks his head in first to make sure there's no one standing at the urinal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    FWIW dad used to take my sister and I into the men's toilets when we were around your DDs age if he took us to the cricket or footy on weekends Mum was working. All he did was cover our eyes with his hands as he walked us through to the cubicles. That way we didn't have to see all the drunk men with their willies out trying to pee in the trough. I don't recall a single instance when I saw a thing. No one made a big deal of it. I don't see an issue with it. Disabled toilet is also an option, as then your DD could go in on her own while her dad stands guard. Also, at 6 could she be trusted to go into a toilet alone? I know there are loads of people with differing opinions on this, and I'm not trying to start a debate by any means. I just imagine that she goes to the toilet alone at school, so it's not like the concept would be totally new to her. I guess you just have to trust your DH and DD. What an amazing experience this would be for her, I don't think you should let this be the thing that you rest your decision on!