+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    When I feel like this, I go out of my way to do something nice for a stranger. It reminds me that I am in control of joy/happiness. I won't let others steal it from me.
    For example when my children and I were robbed and threaten to beat to a pulp by two big dudes a few days before Christmas we decided not to let them steal or joy like they stole or money and feeling of safety. We went out and brought 2 toys. We gift wrapped them and handed to 2 random children in the shopping centre. Even to this day that memory brings joy to my heart.

There will always be rude so and so's. Just don't let them steal your happiness

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (02-04-2015),amyd  (31-03-2015),azelqra  (02-04-2015),babyblu11  (31-03-2015),BbBbBh  (02-04-2015),BH-KatiesMum  (31-03-2015),Carpe diem 2013  (01-04-2015),Chippa  (01-04-2015),Elijahs Mum  (31-03-2015),Little Ted  (31-03-2015),littlelove  (01-04-2015),MrsA2B  (02-04-2015),MrsMummaButterfly  (31-03-2015),New Hope  (31-03-2015),Night Owl  (02-04-2015),Redcorset  (01-04-2015),SpicyTurtle  (01-04-2015),VicPark  (01-04-2015),Wise Enough  (01-04-2015),~Marigold~  (31-03-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    LLH that brought tears to my eyes. I had no idea you did that. You are amazing.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

BbBbBh  (02-04-2015),Carpe diem 2013  (01-04-2015),VicPark  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    When I feel like this, I go out of my way to do something nice for a stranger. It reminds me that I am in control of joy/happiness. I won't let others steal it from me.
    For example when my children and I were robbed and threaten to beat to a pulp by two big dudes a few days before Christmas we decided not to let them steal or joy like they stole or money and feeling of safety. We went out and brought 2 toys. We gift wrapped them and handed to 2 random children in the shopping centre. Even to this day that memory brings joy to my heart.

There will always be rude so and so's. Just don't let them steal your happiness
    What a lovely thing to do wish there were more people that thought like that! (And none like the 2 guys that robbed you!)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SpicyTurtle For This Useful Post:

Carpe diem 2013  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    I got such a rude person on the phone yesterday that it broke me - I'm not used to people being rude to me when I've taken no steps to offend them. I forced the issue that "we" needed to sort out why she was being rude - apparently she'd had a really bad day of people being rude to her...so she thought she'd take it out on me - logical really. So I ended up being that 'cray, cray' mum who couldn't stop crying for the rest of the day - too tired to stop the flow.

I really do hope that her HR department review that particular recording (it stated it may be taped for training, etc prior to conversation). She was nuts! And no, she never apologised.
    I often wonder if anyone every listens to the recordings....I hope someone does I'm sure they'd come across some shockers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I hear you and completely and totally agree with you. It's so sad it doesn't take much to be kind and caring. Everything seems to be lost in the day and age.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

SpicyTurtle  (02-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OP I completely agree with you.
    Plus I also think that saying you had a bad day/week etc or going through a rough patch doesn't mean you should throw common courtesy out the window.
    I can't stand people who push into lines... Or drivers who don't let people in. ... generally I feel people live in a me me me kind of world.
    I'm often in a bad mood! ! Lol. Have plenty of things going on in my life that I could use as a 'excuse' to have bad manners. But I don't. Please and thank you. ... And remembering that I'm not the only person in the world is really important.
    (This doesn't mean I'm not assertive ... But only when necessary! And I try to be polite about it! )

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (02-04-2015),Mod-Degrassi  (02-04-2015),SpicyTurtle  (02-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SpicyTurtle View Post
    I often wonder if anyone every listens to the recordings....I hope someone does I'm sure they'd come across some shockers!
    I worked in a call centre for a year and the managers would pick about 3 calls at random each month to listen to and give you feedback. So there are hundreds of calls that don't get listened to, however if a customer complaint is made then the voice tape will be pulled and listened to by a supervisor.

I think you should submit a complaint @Little Ted . If she made you cry, she must have been pretty awful She is representing a business poorly by being rude. It is unprofessional to carry over anger from a previous call to the next caller.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

azelqra  (02-04-2015),BH-KatiesMum  (02-04-2015),Little Ted  (02-04-2015),SpicyTurtle  (02-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ugh so sorry to hear you're having a bad week op.
    I think people get a bit anxious near the Easter long weekend, everyone's so busy and by now they probably need a break from work/school. Still there is no excuse for taking it out on other people
    I hope it improves for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    I worked in a call centre for a year and the managers would pick about 3 calls at random each month to listen to and give you feedback. So there are hundreds of calls that don't get listened to, however if a customer complaint is made then the voice tape will be pulled and listened to by a supervisor.

I think you should submit a complaint @Little Ted . If she made you cry, she must have been pretty awful She is representing a business poorly by being rude. It is unprofessional to carry over anger from a previous call to the next caller.
    Normally I would report it - and suggest they listen back to the tape. I've noted down roughly what time I called and the date, but it's a government department so I fear that any effort I spend on it would be rather fruitless. I must say it rather shocked me as I'd never been talked to in that fashion on the phone before and definitely not used to it in real life as I'm not one for upsetting people or causing a confrontation, but I do like to clear things up which is why I paused and considered "what is going on?" not long after she started her tirade and tried to clear things up. She really wasn't interested in clearing things up which just seemed really immature to me as I wondered what she does in real life with those she loves when she has an issue. I really don't have time in my life for drama, but obviously some do! I just hope she isn't like that all day, everyday to other people as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Normally I would report it - and suggest they listen back to the tape. I've noted down roughly what time I called and the date, but it's a government department so I fear that any effort I spend on it would be rather fruitless. I must say it rather shocked me as I'd never been talked to in that fashion on the phone before and definitely not used to it in real life as I'm not one for upsetting people or causing a confrontation, but I do like to clear things up which is why I paused and considered "what is going on?" not long after she started her tirade and tried to clear things up. She really wasn't interested in clearing things up which just seemed really immature to me as I wondered what she does in real life with those she loves when she has an issue. I really don't have time in my life for drama, but obviously some do! I just hope she isn't like that all day, everyday to other people as well.
    Write directly to the head of that department or relevant minister. They have no choice but to follow it up then.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (02-04-2015)