+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Rude People

Can I just vent and say how I am so sick of rude people! On this forum, people asking for advice then either not acknowledging replies or making rude remarks to them. People at work asking to borrow things with no please or thankyou, or co workers talking about other co workers behind their back. People in the street or shopping mall barging past you. Argh so over it! Can't everyone either be nice, fake being nice or keep their opinion to themselves, it's really not that hard. I'd even settle for people just saying please and thankyou to me more often, such basic manners that so many people seem to be lacking!

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SpicyTurtle For This Useful Post:

1st timemama  (31-03-2015),BabyG4  (02-04-2015),BbBbBh  (02-04-2015),Gracie's Mum  (01-04-2015),KitiK  (31-03-2015),Mamasupial  (31-03-2015),ScubaGal  (31-03-2015),VicPark  (01-04-2015),~Marigold~  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Waaaaah...

You're trolling right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No not at all, just venting as I said, just seem to have encountered a lot of rude people in the last few days.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Why would that perfectly reasonable vent be trolling?!

Confused.

OP you sound like you've had a rough couple of days. Some days I feel the same - like, what on earth is going on around me?! I think it's pretty common to wonder this at times.

Sometimes if I write down 10 positive interactions from my day it can erase that negativity a bit. Hope you feel better soon :-)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

SpicyTurtle  (31-03-2015),ThenThereWereThree  (31-03-2015),~Marigold~  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    I was reading a thread today that had me thinking the same thing. It doesn't happen that often but every now and then you get one. The big one I see is the local freebie pages on FB. The amount of people who post saying they NEED (like they really need that TV that'll take HDMI for their child's bedroom so desperately that they can't save money for it and buy one) this, that or the other without a please or thank you in sight.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (02-04-2015),SpicyTurtle  (31-03-2015),VicPark  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Why would that perfectly reasonable vent be trolling?!

Confused.

OP you sound like you've had a rough couple of days. Some days I feel the same - like, what on earth is going on around me?! I think it's pretty common to wonder this at times.

Sometimes if I write down 10 positive interactions from my day it can erase that negativity a bit. Hope you feel better soon :-)
    Thanks, that confused me too! That is a good idea to focus on the positive things, it is quite easy to take negative interactions personally!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    People are in this world for themselves these days. I find people to be very self centred and selfish. Not all people are like this, but to me it seems to be more common these days. No courtesy at all or any consideration for others feelings and well being.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblu11 For This Useful Post:

SpicyTurtle  (31-03-2015)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpicyTurtle View Post
    No not at all, just venting as I said, just seem to have encountered a lot of rude people in the last few days.
    And it hasn't stopped for you...

I hear you OP. Some people are just inconsiderate and selfish.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

BbBbBh  (02-04-2015),harvs  (31-03-2015),SpicyTurtle  (31-03-2015),ThenThereWereThree  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblu11 View Post
    People are in this world for themselves these days. I find people to be very self centred and selfish. Not all people are like this, but to me it seems to be more common these days. No courtesy at all or any consideration for others feelings and well being.
    Totally agree. I grew up with my Mum and Dad who are excessively polite, so I can probably be over the top, but like I said a please and thankyou go a long way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got such a rude person on the phone yesterday that it broke me - I'm not used to people being rude to me when I've taken no steps to offend them. I forced the issue that "we" needed to sort out why she was being rude - apparently she'd had a really bad day of people being rude to her...so she thought she'd take it out on me - logical really. So I ended up being that 'cray, cray' mum who couldn't stop crying for the rest of the day - too tired to stop the flow.

I really do hope that her HR department review that particular recording (it stated it may be taped for training, etc prior to conversation). She was nuts! And no, she never apologised.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

BbBbBh  (02-04-2015),SpicyTurtle  (01-04-2015)