+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    The repairers left a voicemail message this morning that I only just saw. They said they are going to blame an internal gas leak which means we should get a new fridge because a gas leak is an automatic switch over according to warranty. I'm paraphrasing here but I'm really quite happy with that outcome if the request is granted by manufacturer which I can't see why it won't be.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

amyd  (02-04-2015),BH-KatiesMum  (02-04-2015),VicPark  (02-04-2015)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    For my own records and anyone who thinks they may have the same brand and issues, this is what I'm talking about. It's a vent at the bottom that is located behind 2 freezer drawers1428065144975.jpg it's not meant to be frozen like that. It extends up to over half the height of the freezer. It's been turned off for a couple hours because the alarm started going off again and also started warming up inside. We have still been using it but mostly as a drinks fridge and for freezing bread.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (04-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    The repairers left a voicemail message this morning that I only just saw. They said they are going to blame an internal gas leak which means we should get a new fridge because a gas leak is an automatic switch over according to warranty. I'm paraphrasing here but I'm really quite happy with that outcome if the request is granted by manufacturer which I can't see why it won't be.
    Well it's been 11 days and still no word from anyone. Although the first 4 days included the easter long weekend, and also weekend just gone, so that is technically 4 and a half business days. Wow! 11 days and only 4 1/2 working days amongst that!

I'm contemplating calling up to find out how things are progressing. It feels like forever since we had a reliable, working fridge that didn't involve us having to go shopping every 3 days.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I tried ringing yesterday but got voicemail again. I didn't leave a message though. I was considering trying again when the phone rang! It was them! They are going to deliver it tomorrow afternoon! Can't wait until this is over. I hope we get at least 10 years + out of this new fridge. Fingers crossed its third time lucky.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (14-04-2015)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    was only thinking about you wondering how the new fridge was going.

(I thought you would have received it before now ... cant beleive they have made you wait this long)

still - new fridge tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    was only thinking about you wondering how the new fridge was going.

(I thought you would have received it before now ... cant beleive they have made you wait this long)

still - new fridge tomorrow
    Me too but as I worked out yesterday there had only been 4 working days since they rang to say new fridge. So I was going to give them until today which would be 5 working days before I got vocal about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Well it's here! it's a big anti climax for some reason though. The guys installed it and took all the rubbish away. Awesome. Less rubbish in our bin.

The outside looks slightly different. It is textured whereas the one before wasn't. Everything else is the same though.

It had it's first clean already when a jar of anchovies fell over when I shut the door and leaked all over the inside of the door and everything under it. Boy did they smell! Especially when I opened the door to take a big smell of new fridge and got that instead! Lol.

The little fridge was bursting at the seams and now everything is transferred over the big fridge looks half empty. The freezer looks surprisingly full somehow.

Anything goes wrong with this one within 5 -8 years we will be insisting on a refund!

Case closed

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (15-04-2015)