+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    not only talk about your rights and timely repair or replacement - but how active you are on social media and how you are happy to 'explain' to people how terribly you have been treated.

unfortunately, people who jump up and down get action, and those who quietly accept things get taken advantage of in situations like this

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    not only talk about your rights and timely repair or replacement - but how active you are on social media and how you are happy to 'explain' to people how terribly you have been treated.

unfortunately, people who jump up and down get action, and those who quietly accept things get taken advantage of in situations like this

Not what I expected from you but I like it! Lol

And it's true though.. Not all publicity is good for the brand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I had similar issues with an electrical appliance which was sent to the authorised repairer. They were crap. I would call and someone would say the technician would call me back but never did (about 10 times). They said they have ordered parts but the manufacturer confirmed they hadn't. 3 months later I sent the manufacturer a detailed list of all the times I had contacted the repairer, their responses (or lack of). I said I wanted a new product or a fixed product by a certain time and date otherwise I would lodge a formal complaint with government authorities. They took notice but farted around a bit - saying I couldn't get a new one unless XYZ blah blah. Just before my deadline I turned up at the repair shopfront and asked to site my product. It wasn't even there - apparently the owner had taken it home to work on. While I was out the front the manufacturer called me and asked for a few more days for my item to be repaired. I said "you really need to look into your authorised repairer otherwise it could ruin your brand name. They don't have my item. I do not trust them - I refuse to have anything to do with them. I want my product returned to me within 24 hours otherwise I will file a stolen property report and I want a new product within 24 hours otherwise I will move forward with that complaint to consumer affairs and I would hate for that to tarnish your brand ."

I got both.

I think my point is detail EVERYTHING. Go through the manufacturer and give them all of your history in writing - let them know that the authorised repair service doesn't meet reasonable consumer expectations and this may ruin their brand if they don't fix it. Say you have put up with enough back and forth and it's caused your family a lot of stress. Give them a deadline to get you a new product (or refund) otherwise you will lodge a formal complaint. Say you would hate for the repair process to ruin their brand (up to you whether you mention the reach of social media..)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    I think I will give the repairers until i Have properly logged and emailed myself screenshots of my phone call times and number of times I called. If they haven't called by then I'm calling the manufacturer and demanding a new one citing unreasonable time frame, repeated issues and lack of communication from the repairer.

the stupid thing is working again at the moment because we had to shut it off overnight to stop clanking of the frozen motor and the temperature control alarm going off repeatedly. It gets very loud and irritating to sleep with. Turning it off was the original advice from the repairer anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Oh my! Still nothing and I just completed writing out the call logs.. Will have a shower then make some calls.

Eta: it's been escalated by the manufacturer who seemed good about it so far really, report written and will get a call back hopefully within the hour from escalation team. It helped that they put me on hold to call the repairer and got voicemail too! It's also been noted that I'm not happy! Lol

But.. They still need someone to look at it. Will see how that is going to work.
    Last edited by DesperatelySeekingSleep; 01-04-2015 at 12:45.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (01-04-2015),VicPark  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    any update?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    any update?
    Lol just got off the phone to the escalation guy.

The repairer rang back eventually to say they will be out sometime tomorrow afternoon to look at it but the parts they replaced really should have fixed the issue. Ha!

The escalation guy (who had a French accent that was distracting lol ) said they can probably get us a loan fridge if it's likely to take too long to repair. They will probably only replace it if it is too uneconomical to repair. To try switching it off letting it defrost and hope that fixes the problem (been there done that, it's freezing up again slowly though). I said I want a replacement because last time it took over a month and to be honest I no longer have faith in this particular fridge having had the same issue a week later and don't trust it to keep working. I was firm and said multiple times I want a replacement. He kept cutting me off and ended the conversation with "let's see what the repairer says and we will go from there".

I'm going to write a script for my next conversation listing my rights to a replacement or refund and the advice I have been given along with the timeframe we have experienced. I'm also going to hope like heck the freezer freezes over properly for the repairer to see and tell him I want a replacement as well because of the time it took last time and the problem reoccurring.

It's convenient for them it happens just before easter long weekend..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    good girl for standing up for yourself.

yes you want a loan fridge - and before easter ... but that doesnt mean they can take their time fixing it. Its not like they havent had time so far or that you have been overly demanding.

You dont want it fixed - you want a new fridge. You have had it fixed already - twice now - and it still doesnt work.

You have been more than reasonable. You havent requested reimbursement for any of the food that has spoiled, or the inconvenience in not having a fridge for in excess of a MONTH !!!

Now its time for them to play the game and replace faulty goods as per their warranty.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (01-04-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (04-04-2015),VicPark  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I will have to move our second hand fridge out of view I think. But a loan fridge is unlikely before easter because of the time difference with the manufacturer. Dang it! Why didn't I say to organise one immediately!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    The neighbours just heard a loud

WOOOOO HOOOOOO