+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    This is so sucky.

I'd go on their Facebook page if they have one and outline the issue. I find some companies will contact you pretty quickly when that happens.
    The repairer or the manufacturer? I considered it.

I might give the repairer until 12 tomorrow to call (that will make 2 full days) then I will get the manufacturer to kick them up the bum. The only problem is I will most likely miss out on a time slot.

I want to request a replacement at the very least Because the timeframe is ridiculous in my opinion.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Radio  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would expect it to be looked at within 2 days. Just because you are rural you shouldn't have to wait forever.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow Op. You are patient. I would have thrown a mumtrum by now and called the manufacturer a few weeks back. I assume you have another fridge to use in the meantime?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by BbBbBh View Post
    Wow Op. You are patient. I would have thrown a mumtrum by now and called the manufacturer a few weeks back. I assume you have another fridge to use in the meantime?
    Yes we do. After about 4 days of no fridge last time and a bit of spoiled food we bit the bullet and bought a small second hand fridge. We were going to get one sooner or later as an over flow/drinks fridge but were forced to get one sooner rather than later.

And yeah I'm constantly doing a count to 10 and breathe in my head. Im afraid if I don't then I will totally lose it beyond all control.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    right - so it took a month to fix your fridge last time ... it breaks again 6 days later and it is already 2 days and nobody has been out to see it? is that right?

That is not a 'reasonable time frame'.

I would be
    - ringing the repairer tomorrow morning first thing and demanding that their repairer come and assess it that day. If they cannot, then you will be requiring a replacement as this problem has continued for in excess of a month now.

- if no joy - go to the place you bought it from and demand a replacement.

As the problem is the same problem from before, it was not fixed ... so the time frame does not start again - and a month without a fridge/freezer is not a 'reasonable time frame' for a repair on a warranty.

be assertive. be demanding. they will try and roll over you if they can ... so demand what you paid for.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (31-03-2015),HappyBovinexx  (31-03-2015),moongazer  (31-03-2015),MrsMummaButterfly  (31-03-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default Wwyd? Warranty, repairs and the timeframes

Ooh! Here's what you do!

Get @BH-KatiesMum to ring them up and pretend to be you!

Problem solved.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

BbBbBh  (01-04-2015),DesperatelySeekingSleep  (31-03-2015),Little Ted  (31-03-2015),poisonapple  (01-04-2015),WiseOldOwl  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Wwyd? Warranty, repairs and the timeframes

Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    right - so it took a month to fix your fridge last time ... it breaks again 6 days later and it is already 2 days and nobody has been out to see it? is that right?

That is not a 'reasonable time frame'.

I would be
    - ringing the repairer tomorrow morning first thing and demanding that their repairer come and assess it that day. If they cannot, then you will be requiring a replacement as this problem has continued for in excess of a month now.

- if no joy - go to the place you bought it from and demand a replacement.

As the problem is the same problem from before, it was not fixed ... so the time frame does not start again - and a month without a fridge/freezer is not a 'reasonable time frame' for a repair on a warranty.

be assertive. be demanding. they will try and roll over you if they can ... so demand what you paid for.
    I want to like this many many times.
    They've put you through undue stress. You have had to purchase another fridge as they gave not fixed your problem. You gave a strong case from what KM said

13. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Ooh! Here's what you do!

Get @BH-KatiesMum to ring them up and pretend to be you!

Problem solved.
    Oooh I like that idea! Lol

I think my foot is going down tomorrow. Just rereading what I have written Makes me wonder why I didn't do it sooner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Look at the Australian consumer law.
    A product should be under warrenty for as long as it's expected to be fit for purpose. 2 years on a fridge when a fridge should last 10+ years means that according to the ACL you should be still covered.

I'll go into proper detail in the morning when my brain functions (I had a grumpy 4 month old last night )

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobbielouise For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (31-03-2015),DesperatelySeekingSleep  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbielouise View Post
    Look at the Australian consumer law.
    A product should be under warrenty for as long as it's expected to be fit for purpose. 2 years on a fridge when a fridge should last 10+ years means that according to the ACL you should be still covered.

I'll go into proper detail in the morning when my brain functions (I had a grumpy 4 month old last night )
    We are in for a night like that tonight. Dd2 came down with a cold and is struggling to breathe. Boo..

I had a look at the warranty t&c and then spoke to the consumer protection people yesterday and they said the same thing but added it depends on what is written in the t&c of the manufacturer as to the process and the outcome. Meaning I can get one of those and i will but they can decide if it is to be repaired, refunded or replaced depending on the issue. When i asked the consumer protection people if there is a definition of timely repair or major failure he couldn't give a definition and said unless the manufacturer agrees it's an unreasonable time/repairer deems it a major failure then I would have to take it to court for a magistrate to decide. Which long term yes but short term doesn't help much.

Maybe I should drop a few words such as new unit, timely manor and the big ones.. consumer protection on my next phone call. No maybe about it actually.

Honestly this whole thing made us realise just how much we take our fridge and freezer for granted.