+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnancy symptoms or just progesterone?

Hi,
    I'm currently 10 weeks pregnant.

I saw bub and a strong heartbeat during our 8 week scan.

I don't have another scan for 2 weeks and freaking out.

I am currently on progynova and 6 progesterone pessaries!

Some of my symptoms have disappeared (extreme hunger and frequent urination) some have stayed (bloating and slight sore boobs)

How do I know that my symptoms (bloating and sore boobs) are from pregnancy and not just the huge amount of progesterone I'm on?

If something has happened I'm probably not likely to start bleeding due to all the progesterone pessaries.

I'm feeling so stressed about waiting out this next two weeks until my scan.

Thanks

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    In short - you don't know, but seeing a hb is wonderful and reduces your chance of miscarriage drastically. There's no reason why it shouldn't be ok so try not to worry.

If it helps, I had no symptoms my whole pregnancy and have a very healthy baby boy.

DP is currently 8+4 and has no symptoms either really. She's on 800mg of progesterone and doesn't have anything, even from that.

I think everything is most likely fine! I know ivf makes you expect the worst but try to keep positive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ivfmiracle View Post
    Hi,
    I'm currently 10 weeks pregnant.

I saw bub and a strong heartbeat during our 8 week scan.

I don't have another scan for 2 weeks and freaking out.

I am currently on progynova and 6 progesterone pessaries!

Some of my symptoms have disappeared (extreme hunger and frequent urination) some have stayed (bloating and slight sore boobs)

How do I know that my symptoms (bloating and sore boobs) are from pregnancy and not just the huge amount of progesterone I'm on?

If something has happened I'm probably not likely to start bleeding due to all the progesterone pessaries.

I'm feeling so stressed about waiting out this next two weeks until my scan.

Thanks
    I had the same thing happen at 8 weeks, felt like all my symptoms went away. I freaked out so much I ended up paying for an extra scan and all was fine.

I think your body just adjusts. Plus, pregnancy isn't like the movies - it's not hell on earth 24/7 for nine months (unless you're unlucky enough to get HG). Some symptoms are quite mild and the stronger ones don't hit you till much much later and not everyone gets every symptom.

Hang in there your bub knows what to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Symptoms come and go hun over the course of the pregnancy so please try not to stress too much as it doesn't do you any good. It's very difficult not to, but knowing that things change on a day by day basis with pregnancy helps! Congratulations

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @ivfmiracle

I was in the same boat as you around the same time last year and thought I should share (I probably won't be able to put your mind at ease but can hopefully make you feel like you're not alone 😄)

I was due to start IVF again in Apr 2014 however managed to conceive naturally after many miscarriages and previous IVF attempts, the feelings you are having are totally normal and unfortunately the answer is that you won't know what is giving you the symptoms as the artificial progesterone is mimicking (doing what it should be) the signs.

I too had an 8 week scan and everything was fine and at the 10 week mark I was beside myself crying on the phone to my husband saying I couldn't possibly wait another 2 weeks for a scan, I phoned my obs and they told me to come straight in. All was fine and I am currently lying in bed looking at my almost five month old ds.

My point is that all the emotions you are feeling are completely normal you have travelled a long road to get to the point you are at, but trust me when I say that working yourself up is not good for you nor the baby (easy to say now mind 😄) but trust me just take every day as it comes and if you are unsure then phone your Dr and request a repeat scan ASAP to put your mind at ease. They are there for you and when you have a history they should be understanding in that you are more "needy" than the person who falls pregnant relatively easy!!!

On a side note, my Dr laughed that day when I went in to have the scan at 10 weeks when I said something could be wrong but I wouldn't know because the progesterone was tricking my body in to thinking that it may still be pregnant, he said they would only manage to do that for the shortest of times and not long term.

I hope you can get in soon for a follow up scan to put your mind at ease.

I unfortunately lost the "joy" out of being pregnant to stress and utter panic throughout, I hope you can start to enjoy it and to let the joy overcome the stress!!

Sorry for the long post!

Cat