+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No specific moment; a series of choices really.
    We first got together when I was 14, he was 17. We've been together 11 years, and have grown up together really. I always suspected we were a pretty good match - so much so that at 16 I freaked out that I didn't want to have already met the person I'd spend my life with and broke up with him! Thankfully changed my mind on that one, and we're extremely happy together. I can't imagine us ever splitting up, but then you never know the future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think I knew before we had even officially gotten together. I had known him for about 7 or 8 years, since I was 16. We were sort of friends in high school but at some point we became close and started hanging out a lot. Mostly just because we were into the same things, so we would go together. Plus we had the same group of friends from high school so we were together a lot anyway.
    But, we were just friends and that's all I thought it would be, I was dating someone else at the time. But my other relationship had started to go bad (my ex was manipulative, childish, emotionally abusive, and basically a psychopath). Even after I broke up with the other guy we were "just friends" for a while (although there were obviously feelings starting to happen) and one night we had a long talk about life and I realised that this guy was pretty much everything I had been looking for and wanted the same things in life as me and we were pretty much perfect for each other. But at the time my ex was still harassing me and I was still trying to sort my **** out so I didn't want to jump right into another relationship.
    My DH was patient though and it all worked out, we got together officially a few months later and we're now married.

I sometimes still can't believe that the perfect man for me, who would eventually be my husband and the father of my children was right there that whole time and I didn't even know how amazing he was

Thanks
    Reviews
    Straight away I knew he was super special, but I didn't dare think too far ahead (plus I was 19!) After about a year I knew this was it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    By the second date although on the first date when he held my hand and didn't care who saw it, I had butterflies like never before

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I never had that Omg moment when I fell madly in love with DH. We started dating because he was hilarious, good looking and so kind and loving. Over the years I just gradually loved him more and more. When we had our 1st child that was a side of him id never seen which made me realise what an amazing guy I had found and couldn't let him go, so we got married 6 months later. To this day we've been together 7 years and I just continue to love him more and more. Which I like because I think if I was madly in love with him as soon as we met you don't know everything about that person so there is the chance you might start to change your mind as you get to know them better. Whereas the more I learn about DH and the more time I spend with him the more I love him

I am the same with DS, I know when a baby is born you are supposed to start crying and feel a massive surge of love, but I never got that. Although I was protective and thought he was adorable it wasn't until he was about 9 months and his personality really started showing that I started to fall in love with him and now he is 2.5yo I am absolutely head over heels in love with him and it also continues to grow every day!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When she got accepted into police college. We had only been together 8 weeks and she told me and when I hung up I burst into tears in the middle of a really busy street in Newtown because I thought for sure she would break up with me.

Meanwhile, at her house, she was doing the same thing! Later on we figured we would try the who LDR thing. 9 months later, she had graduated and we were living together, and a 2 years later DS was born and now, number 2 is on the way and life is good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I knew from the moment I first met DH that he was the one. We just clicked! I drove him home from a party and we ended up talking until 6am in the morning. We tried to take it slow and 'casual' but within 2 months we had moved in together, got engaged another 3 months later and pregnant the following month! Still wouldn't change my life for anything and know I struck gold with hubby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    After a series of emails, after our first meeting.
    I moved in 2 weeks later, met the kids and fell in love.
    Got engaged a week after that.
    Married a year later.

Struggling now, but I have no doubt we'll stay together- I know he loves me, and that is enough.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Chooky79  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our first date. I joked to a friend I would be sending wedding invites out soon.
    That was 5yrs ago. I can't even imagine what my life would be without him in it. It's just not something I can even picture for the sake of a 'what if'
    Every possible plan, path, journey for the rest of my days wouldn't be right without him in it.

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We'd been going out for a month and he went away on a 5 week holiday to Norway, I knew as soon as he got on that plane and left me!