+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 3.5 year old Tantrums & anger (when is it not normal?)

hi
    my second child, 3.5 years has daily tantrums. I understand this is normal but I want to know at what point does it become a concern. she will scream demands to me, rather than just asking, she will scream and stamp her feet and hold her scream until shes red in the face, if she thinks someone is laughing at her (this has happened at child care where they said she looked lovely in her dress and smiled - she thought however they were laughing), she will get stuck on words in sentences and then scream because she cant complete her sentence. im finding it too much to handle and dread every outing we go on in fear she will cause a scene . my first child had tantrums yes, but not to this level. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but im concerned and want to know when does it become a concern. and what do I do from here? shes otherwise well advanced, talks clearly and accurately, development and skills are great, she has no other issues besides her "anger/tantrums". I cant avoid the gut feeling I have that its not quite right.

any help or advice, or natural home remedies or anything would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Considering she is developing normally in all other areas, I would look into using tools to reward good behaviour and have consequences for negative behaviour. A lot of parents have had success using the 1-2-3 Magic method - have you heard of this?

3 is a difficult age, most parents will agree that they are mega challenging! I found the few months after my DS turned 3 to be the worst.

I guess another thing to look at would be her diet, just in case there might be something she's eating that could be setting her off?

Another option might be to have a chat to a GP to see if they think something else needs to be looked into.

I hope you find something that works

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you for your reply! no I have not heard of the 1-2-3 method but ill look into it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are yet to enter the threenager stage but I've read that changing diet helps. Things like adding omega3 or going gluten free.... http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...th.sciencenews
    Last edited by debsch; 31-03-2015 at 21:00.