+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    She was sleeping from 8-5 when she was about 10months and I cut out the night feed. She started sleeping 8-8.30 when she was in a room on her own at about 13 months. Has slept through every night since apart from maybe once or twice. She's 19 months now.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by deku View Post
    The "not sleeping through yet" points were at 9, 14, 20, 21, 24 and 30 months. So not too many of them and fairly evenly distributed. I increased the bin size for ages over 1 year as there's generally less accuracy for higher numbers (ie years instead of months).
    "Sleeping through" was just however the responding parent defined it.
    Y-axis is the number of children reported as sleeping through at the age on the x-axis.
    Percent sleeping through by age is roughly...
    Attachment 69459
    ...I haven't done proper stats since undergrad so I hope I haven't made any terrible mistakes here
    Haha that's great looks quite positive for sleeping through eventually.

I'm no pro at stats though will need to refresh my memory later this year. But i can imagine someone saying "why didn't you express this as a box & whisker plot" "what was the S.D.?" "Were the p-values significant?" "How was your sample size distributed"....ok I'll be quiet now. Oh you really need to define "sleeping through"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ds is 13 months and hasn't slept through at all yet. Atm we are currently experiencing multiple night wakings over 3-4 hour period during the night. Make up is my friend for these bags I am carrying!

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe I shouldn't answer haha my dd 5, but even now she still wakes up sometimes and is very hard to get to go to sleep. My ds 18 months wakes a few times a night still, occasionally will sleep through from a wake at 11ish

Thanks
    Reviews
    My twins consistently started sleeping though *most* nights at around 3. They are now 4.5 and one of them still wakes me 2-3 nights per week, but goes back to sleep really quickly. Usually.
    But considering what they were like up til about 2.5yrs, I'm living the dream!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    Haha that's great looks quite positive for sleeping through eventually.

I'm no pro at stats though will need to refresh my memory later this year. But i can imagine someone saying "why didn't you express this as a box & whisker plot" "what was the S.D.?" "Were the p-values significant?" "How was your sample size distributed"....ok I'll be quiet now. Oh you really need to define "sleeping through"
    Lol well peer-review is always important, thank you

And it doesn't actually go to 100% by 3 years of course, I grouped 3 years and above together. I could have added myself to skew the data, late 20s and never sleeps through (I always wake up to pee, get a drink, cuddle, adjust blankets… I thought that was normal!)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (19-04-2015)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by deku View Post
    Lol well peer-review is always important, thank you

And it doesn't actually go to 100% by 3 years of course, I grouped 3 years and above together. I could have added myself to skew the data, late 20s and never sleeps through (I always wake up to pee, get a drink, cuddle, adjust blankets… I thought that was normal!)
    You sound like my dh. Always up and down. Sometimes because he is actually awake other times because he is sleep walking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    10 hrs at 3 months
    12 hrs at 6 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    At around 12 weeks he slept from 7pm to 3:30/4am
    Now (almost 8 months) 7pm to 5:30/6am

He's a good nighttime sleeper, except when he's sick (understandably), but his daytime naps can be challenging.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey so this just popped up in my newsfeed and reminded me of this thread from a year ago This was obviously a much more comprehensive study than our mini BH survey http://www.swansea.ac.uk/media-centr...akeatnight.php

"The study led by the Department of Public Health, Policy and Social Sciences asked 715 mothers with a baby aged 6 – 12 months how often their baby usually woke in the night and whether they fed their baby when it woke. It also examined whether they were breastfeeding, how many milk feeds they gave their baby in the day and how often they gave their baby solid foods. The findings firstly showed that 78% of babies at this age still regularly woke at least once in the night with 61% having at least one milk feed during the night.
    The study also showed that although mums who were breastfeeding tended to feed their baby more at night, there was no difference in the number of times babies woke up dependent on whether they were breast or formula fed, how many feeds they had in the day or how many solid meals they ate."

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (28-01-2016),BettyV  (28-01-2016),binnielici  (28-01-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (27-01-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (27-01-2016)