+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    He was 3.... Obviously I sleep trained the HECK out of him.... NOT

But It did coincide with him getting his tonsils and adenoids out.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ds#1 from 3 months ; only because we co slept, one we started, magicAlly he slept.

Ds#2 from 4 months; in his own cot; hated being held.

Dd; 4 months; we co slept from the first few weeks; otherwise she just cried all dang night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ds1 was a terrific sleeper from 5mths when he got over his colic and reflux, prior to that it was terrible. He was a good sleeper from that point.

Ds3 slept 4hrly from birth, slept through from 9weeks until 4.5months then started waking once through the night. He is 6months now and will wake once some nights otherwise sleeps through.

Ds2 slept through at 9mths once I followed the sleep sense guide. He's been an awesome sleeper since.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default When did your lo consistently sleep through the night?

This thread depresses me.
    Turns out I had one of those non 11/12 hours straight sleeping babies till 2yo and I thought it was normal :/
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 31-03-2015 at 13:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont think there is any 'normal', every baby is unique. This thread has shown a huge range, from a few weeks to years. I think our expectations have changed these days for the better, we are more flexible and understand that all kids are different. I had an older person ask me when I was still in hospital if baby was sleeping through the night yet. I was like 'um, no, my milk hasnt come in yet'. I had another one tut-tut and say my baby was naughty because she had kept me up all night - AT TWO DAYS OLD! Lol. I think 40 years ago, people would have lied and said their babies slept through even when they didnt, as to not get told off.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

Lollyandme  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Little Miss Sunshine - I think the world normal should never be used when you talk about kids . What the heck is normal anyway???!!

I have a kid who wakes up hourly at almost 4.... Except when Daddy is home and then she sleeps like a dream!! I stopped comparing our journey a long time ago!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lollyandme For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (31-03-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (31-03-2015)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    my understanding of 'sleeping through' equals sleeping through one feed, so from about 10 pm to 6 am would be sleeping through for me. so my first boy from 6 or 7 weeks. my twin daughters, from about 4 months, and my youngest son about 2 months. if you ask when did they sleep 10 or 12 hours, I don't think they ever did. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am reading these replies hoping that this third baby I'm apparently expecting (early days) is one that sleeps through from 6 weeks! Wow, what a dream that would be after my first two terrible sleepers! It's gotta happen this time, right?!?!?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    DD1 - 4 months

DS - 18 months but only ever woke once a night at 10pm since about 3 months of age

DD2 - less than one week but went through a bad sleep regression/wonder week at 4 months that lasted 6 weeks (I was losing a lot of weight at this stage so pretty sure this impacted my supply and her sleep as well)

Thanks
    Reviews
    dd1 - 8 weeks
    Dd2 - 14 months