Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Confused

ok I did a first response test last Thursday it was negative. I then did a super drug test on Friday which was positive to verify I bought a clear blue which came back not pregnant! Ok so Saturday another super drug positive and again Sunday positive. But today started my period though still having all pregnancy symptoms. Plus gettkng no period pains which is strange as I'm always bad. Been docs b4 the bleeding began he said do a sample and take it in today though I havent as now bleeding. What should I do? Please any advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I'm not sure what you mean by a super drug test? Do you mean a blood test?

If so, a blood test is a lot more sensitive than the pee tests so you may have only a very low level of the pregnancy hormone, called HCG.

Depending on when you likely conceived, your doctor is probably best to advise you from here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey @ScubaGal Superdrug is like Priceline in the UK.. High street chemist

Thanks
    Reviews
    That hasn't helped me at all. You didn't understand the meaning of my post. Made me more confused than I was before 😟

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beautygirl35 View Post
    That hasn't helped me at all. You didn't understand the meaning of my post. Made me more confused than I was before 😟
    Well how are we supposed to know whats going on with your tests? Someone tried to help the best she could. Go to the Drs.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (31-03-2015),azelqra  (31-03-2015),bezzy  (31-03-2015),DT75  (31-03-2015),Just*Ace  (31-03-2015),Meld85  (31-03-2015),ScubaGal  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beautygirl35 View Post
    Ok now I know what a super drug test is:

The tests all have different thresholds for how much HCG they need to show positive. It's quite common early on that some will say positive and some will say negative.

Clear Blue digital is particularly unreliable and studies confirm this.

Many people have breakthrough bleeding in early pregnancy that will stop and start, @amiracle4me had that and her bubba is coming along just fine so it might all still be ok - your GP will know.

On the other hand, sometimes early low levels will give off a faint positive that might disappear after a few days if the pregnancy doesn't continue. This is sometimes referred to as a chemical pregnancy because the chemical pregnancy hormone HCG is the only detection, it doesn't proceed far enough to be measurable on a scan.

It's important to know if this happens that it isn't your fault and there usually isn't anything that can be done or that you did wrong.

But again, the only way to know is time and a repeat test later on. Don't worry too much about symptoms - many women feel like they are getting their period in early pregnancy (again, @amiracle4me had that) and many other women have no symptoms at all till at least 10 weeks (that was me).

Hope that helps.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

amiracle4me  (31-03-2015),Wise Enough  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well started bleeding today and it's bright red like a period but if I had three positives tests then my period shouldn't of started. I'm going to take a urine sample into docs 2mz morning and see what that brings if it's negative why did my tests say positive in first place. If positive then why am I bleeding heavy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    As a pp stated, bleeding can be common in early pregnancy or it could be a sign that the pregnancy is not viable. You'll likely need repeat blood tests to confirm either way. But get yourself to your gp. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like you need to stop doing urine tests and ask the doctor for a blood test. We're only able to give advice here, not answers unfortunately.
    The blood test is the ONLY definitive way to see if its a viable pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well last time went the docs was Sunday he never mentioned blood tests just told me to take a urine sample and that will be sent to hospital. He said too soon for blood tests I can't force him