+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    That's right. My european ISOFIX base has a support leg at the front which is supposed to do the same than top tether. So easy to clip capsule in and out, love it.

I just read that over 90% of child restraints were not properly fitted prior to Isofix becoming legal here. Scary.
    I want support legs! And I want govt funded cr fitters that get randomly checked. I've seen some dodgy installs by fitters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I feel isofix is pointless for me if you still have to have the top tether (another Brit here!) as the beauty of isofix is how easy it is to put the seat in and out of car. No messing around. Great for capsules which go from car to pram.
    So I wouldn't bother buying one in Australia just because of the darn tether strap still being there. The leg that goes to the floor on European ones is much easier as it's out of the way!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    I want support legs! And I want govt funded cr fitters that get randomly checked. I've seen some dodgy installs by fitters.
    This. I have had great installations and crap ones so I do it myself now and feel very confident I could be a professional fitter. Even had them checked after I installed and bingo it's a winner. If ISOFIX was around pre babies I would have gone that way. The amount of times we have installed and changed cars etc is massive. Would have made life so much easier

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (01-04-2015)