+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I started baby sign class with ds when he was about 6 months. The teacher said at that age it would take about 6 weeks for bub to learn the sign (not necessarily sign back yet though) and by about 1 it would take 4 weeks for them to learn.

Ds learnt the signs for milk, more, food, drink & finished by about 7-8 months. At 14 months he recognises milk, more, finished, mum, dad, cat, goodmorning, goodnight, bath, duck, food, drink. He can sign mum, dad, milk, food, drink, good morning, good night...possibly more but he doesn't do it all the time (and often we aren't consistent enough).

Oh I forgot nappy, clean, dirty, clothes, kiss, cuddle and I think he has mistaken thank you for kissing as I tend to thank him for kissing me! I try to use a lot of signs whenever I can (ie. Zoo animals, book, playground, toothbrush...so many I forget them all).
    Last edited by AdornedWithCats; 30-03-2015 at 17:41.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm learning Auslan sign language with my 2yr old DS. He has special needs, we are currently in limbo land with him but for the moment they say he has global developmental delay. We take him to an Early Intervention playgroup each week where they use Auslan sign language with group songs at the end of the sessions. I've learnt quite a few signs now, I just have to outlay them to DS somehow.

I try and sign to him as much as I can, I often feel he just thinks I'm crazy mum, and everyone else around us like my DH. But if it helps him and me in the long run it's worth it.

I also have the Auslan signbank dictionary bookmarked on my tablet, which is really handy just to quickly pop up for reference if I've forgotten a sign.
    Last edited by zoz; 31-03-2015 at 11:50.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zoz For This Useful Post:

almai  (31-03-2015)