+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IUGR Experiences

Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    That's nuts about the the cost of the scans!! Were you public or private?
    It was a private ultrasound practice as our local public hospital didn't offer ultrasounds so referred you to this place

The previous scans were cheaper at $190 but hit $280 at 34 week one. I got I think $70 back with rebate.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 01-04-2015 at 13:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was being monitored for a heart issue and had moved state at 37 weeks so they did an ultrasound bub measuring 5 weeks behind. IUGR. Induced at 40+11, bub came out perfectly weighing 3.03kg and 48 cm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    Bugger. Where I work as soon as you get booked into the hospital you can have all your followup scans with our ultrasound department and don't pay a cent (all under Medicare).
    That's what it was like when I had for my scans. At 2 a week, would of been very expensive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my 32 week scan recently last friday and was told the growth is slow. The femur and hc are 5th centile. Google gave me all kind of scary stories about dwarfism and downs. went to the Dr again the next day as I just couldn't sleeep. Dr said there was nothing to worry about. The baby might weigh a little less but otherwise not to worry. Also she plans to monitor closely since mine was thru ivf.

Sent from my GT-I9192 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am still not convinced though and feel totally scared. Does somebody have more insight on this centile thing and what they really mean? ac 9th centile hc and fl 5th centile and bpd 50th centile

Thanks
    Reviews
    My baby is in the 2nd percentile and only weighing 1.8kg at 35 weeks. I'm having weekly check ups with the hospital and fortnightly scans. Blood flow is still good between the placenta and fluids are still good in bubs brain and in the sack so if I haven't had him naturally by 37 weeks I'll b induced. I get contractions daily (not braxton hicks) however they just don't progress
    ;( don't worry to much I stressed out to but I still have a healthy baby just very tiny

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shelbyrose For This Useful Post:

BeingPositive  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you meredith and shelby. The Dr did mention that the abdominal circumference was the imp one and sine that is in the 9th centimetres it was good. She has put me on some arginine powder to help improve the blood flow and asked me to sleep on my left as much as possible. Also mentioned that the liquor is normal. I am going for another visit in a fortnight where she will check with doppler to see if the blood flow is still okay. otherwise she may ask me for a scan again on the same day to check further.

jezikas is offline Mum, House Wife, Student, Employee
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My week 32 scan showed my boy was 1 week behind with a slightly big head, but I have a big head and suffered HG so OB told me to rest up, stop work and focus on eating. I then wasn't seen til 36 weeks, my boys abdomen hadn't grown and his head was measuring 42+ weeks (off the scale) I then rushed from test to test and OB decided to get him out via C Section as I had Near to no Amniotic Fluid, Baby was breech from stress and umbilical cord was affected. OB had a huge panic, even came into to surgery to assist Surgeon to make sure everything turned out ok as he had overlooked a small change and not followed up on it weekly as he should have. His first 3 months of life were all health problems, that he has gotten over and Thankfully, my baby boy is now 4 and a happy healthy kid with partial hearing probs in 1 ear. Which was picked up at his newborn screening. Plus he still has an adult size head 57cm atm. We are soo lucky to have him here, since my body didn't really help him into this world.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, I really don't want to hijack this thread, but did you guys see growth issues at your morph scan please? Or was it all later?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Sally. My morph scans were normal both times. Fundal height measurements were also normal until 26 weeks both times. Then I fell behind and stayed behind.