+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IUGR Experiences

i have just had my scan done im 34week2days and the report has said potential IUGR as my baby is measuring 29-31weeks. Any ladies experienced this or something similar ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi, my baby was born at 32 weeks weighing 1.1kg (about the size of a 28 weeker) due to IUGR. He was all skin and bones but came out screaming! I was given the steroid injection for his lungs 3 weeks prior as that was when they thought he would be delivered. We spent 7 weeks in the NICU before coming home at 1.79kgs.
    It was a hard road especially when we had another child at home but we sat beside his bed for 12+ hours a day.
    He is now thriving at 8months (6months corrected) at 6.4kg. We do lots of check ups at the children's hospital for a few problems but all seems to be going well.
    We had 2 scans a week from 22 weeks because we knew there was already a problem due to a previous pregnancy. My Dr was amazing and I will be forever grateful to him.
    All the best and if you want to know anything else I am happy to answer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi.
    Technically my bub was IUGR. I was being monitored for a heart condition for her and then for growth. The growth was very slow and often 3-4 weeks behind. ... And some measurement were 5 weeks behind.
    My daughter was born at 39 weeks and at 2.695kgs. She does have a health condition but she's 2 and half now. And a little toddler terror.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I have now had 3 IUGR bubs. Our first was born at 33weeks weighing 1.4kgs (was delivered early due to pre eclampsia), our 2nd and 3rd were delivered at 37 weeks weighing 2.75 and 2.8kgs. All of our bubs had A symetrical iugr which is where the head is a good size but the abdomen and femur measurements are behind.
    We now have 3 healthy happy boys.
    In our experience they will keep bubs in for aslong as they can, so if they have good fluid around them and are still showing some growth they will usually let you keep bubba in.
    Good luck with everything. It is a stressful time I know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, gives me more confidence in the end it was all positive results. Docs and midwife appoints this week to find out what we should do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IUGR Experiences

Hi my dd was diagnosed with IUGR at 34 weeks too, fundal height and new scan indicated growth around 31 weeks. Everything had been fine before then.

Dd was fine. Had regular CTGs up until labour. I refused additional scans after an extra one at 35 weeks (to confirm whether 34 week scan was accurate) as they were $280 upfront and Was happy to keep up with just CTGs. Born 40+6 with birth weight of 2.88kg, so in small range but still a perfectly acceptable weight- the staff were surprised how big she was- sometimes scans aren't entirely accurate

Good luck xxx
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 30-03-2015 at 13:36.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Carpe diem 2013  (19-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I forgot to add they were going to induce me around the 38 week mark but the hospital was booked solid for 3 weeks and as CTGs were fine so no emergency so I never ended being induced hence the 40+6 weeks lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh That worked out well for you. The doctors have called me in tomorrow for another scan at the hospital and to discuss options for hopefully it's a good outcome of results.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was induced at 39 weeks with my first for possible IUGR. I measured 3 weeks behind from 28 weeks. He was 2.8kg born, so not crazily tiny. Strong as an ox, fed like a champion and is an amazing little 8 year old now.

I measured behind with DD as well but my obstetrician was happier to let it go second time around and put it down to me carrying small and having smaller sized bubs. No induction with her but she also came along at 39 weeks. She was 3.2kg, so a decent weight even though my belly was very small.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    That's nuts about the the cost of the scans!! Were you public or private?
    All my scans have either been $120 or $160 and only 2 of them were rebatable on Medicare.