+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Wow, you're keen. How old are your other kids? My SIL had 4 kids, accidentally fell pregnant with number 5, and ended up with twins. She's flat out busy, but I like seeing how the kids all get along
    DH keeps saying we'll have twins next time, now that would scare me! I just want one more and he wants 2 more. I bet your SIL is one busy mum.. Never a dull moment with a large family!
    I do find all my girls get along great and keep themselves entertained. They are 8,6,5&3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I don't think I'd handle twins if they were anything like my DD..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow I don't think you are crazy for wanting more but wow. You are a super mum! I would probably struggle with that many! It would be nice but I don't know if we could afford it either!

Sally- if being overweight helps then I will have no problems lol. I still want to be healthier anyway but agreed sometimes it doesn't matter with those things. There are so many things that can come into play that we can't control

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    Welcome @CompletelySavvy - That must be difficult trying to find the time to eat regular meals but hopefully your DD allows you soon! Looks like we will be trying around the same time!

Welcome @Lil Smurfy - Do you know why your DH isn't so keen on a second one yet? The cruise sounds lovely so lucky you! If you want to start TTC I can always take the cruise for you Hehehe.... In the mean time you can join us sitting here in the waiting room!!

I'm glad there are others who are also looking to shed some weight! Chunkdunks I haven't had any coke or cola flavoured drinks for nearly 2 years now! I was drinking some other soft drinks here and there but am now only on the hard stuff.... water!
    We've hardly gone out alone since DD was born (apart from going to work, we've gone out without her twice in 20 months). I think he thinks we haven't got time for us now, so another baby would make it even harder. My mum is more than willing to babysit, we just generally don't take her up on it. That's about to change

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sally, when we were TTC DD, I was at a healthy weight, and it took 7 months. All these overweight people were falling pregnant so much easier. I started wondering whether it was time to put on some weight. In the end it just took more time than I would've liked. I had a really easy pregnancy, minimal morning sickness, a fair bit of heartburn, but all in all, pretty good. DD came along and she's perfect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow you ladies were chatty I will try do some personals a bit later

I love all your lists!! I'm a list lover too!!! Speaking of Kmart have ace stuff for lists... Even a diet and exercise one!!! I have been on a weight loss mission too, I lost 10kg and was on my way to being a gym junkie but after our chemical late last year I have whacked on 5kg and am feeling rubbish for it! Damn hormones!!! I have apps for tracking stuff but I like putting pen to paper and being accountable!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lollyandme For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (30-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't think weight is actually a problem in getting pregnant but more so being healthy and active. I started at 60kg with DD1 and ended at 117kg with DD4, had no problems in conceiving with the last one, if anything it was easier- conceived whilst on the pill. I do say doing exercise helps though, even just a 30 minute walk daily, helps relax you too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I have been a bit hesitant to join as Tortoise is my DP. I don't want anyone to feel odd that I am also on here so if you do, just let me know and I will back away.

I am very excited to start TTC. We went with some friends to baby shops on the weekend and it made me even more clucky. As if I wasn't clucky enough before that!!

So I'm also on the weight loss wagon. Since the end of February i have lost 5.8kgs which is huge for me! I have PCOS so it's hard to lose weight. DP is an awesome motivator though so it's been easy to keep on track. I've never been able to lose weight because in the past I have had the motivation or the support to keep me motivated. I'm very lucky she is so focussed on this as well.

Last Monday I started doing a shake for dinner. I felt bad eating dinner around DP who is doing 3 shakes a day so I decided I would do a shake at night. It has helped me to lose 2.4kgs since I started doing them! They taste pretty average but they're actually better than I thought they would be.

I would ideally love to lose about 10kgs more. I think I would be happy with that weight. Due to being short, my BMI will still say that I am overweight but I will be so much happier knowing that I am a lot healthier so I don't really mind.

One thing I do need to work on before we TTC is my phobia of needles. I've only ever had one blood test and I was so scared. DP had to hold me down and I was shaking so much. I don't have a clue why I'm so scared of them. I went to the doctors a little while ago and she wants to check some levels so I really need to do that soon. I was thinking I might just ask the GP for semi regular blood tests to get myself used to them. Hopefully by the time we TTC I will be a lot calmer when it comes to BTs. I don't want to add anymore stress to my body.
    @BabyG4 Good luck with the reversal, I hope it all goes well! How long after getting it done can you TTC?
    @Mamasupial Hopefully your next TTC journey is shorter and easier than with your DP.
    @Lil Smurfy I can understand where your DP is coming from. Definitely make use of your mums offers for baby sitting. Maybe that will help him!
    @Lollyandme That must be hard being FIFO. I couldn’t imagine that. And lining up TTC with DHs rosters would be difficult, I imagine
    @JET09 This will be our first baby too. I’m excited and scared all at the same time
    @Chunkydunks Hopefully DH gets an appointment soon. Must be so hard, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate
    @Meagjd We are so ridiculously listed up too haha. I would love a girl first too. So many cute clothes to make!
    @Sally1981 I read your other thread and I’m so sorry about your loss. It’s not easy so make sure you look after yourself and same with DH. I hope that your next pregnancy is smooth sailing, resulting in a happy, healthy bub
    @HeavenBlue I would want to space the birthdays as well. I’d want the kids to feel special on their birthdays and that may be a little hard if their birthdays are so close together
    @CompletelySavvy I hope your daughter lets you eat and exercise soon. I imagine when she is moving around more it will be easier. You could dance around the house and maybe DD could dance with you J

Congrats to everyone who has lost weight already and hopefully we can all be motivators for each other for those who want to lose more

Sorry for the long post!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, mind if I join too?

DH & I originally agreed to start TTC #2 next month, but because of where my cycles are & I'm worried about a Bub coming early like DD did at 36+5 weeks (and having their birthday fall around Christmas/new year), we're going to wait until after my May AF.

I'm SUPER DUPER clucky though (and even though it's my decision, pushing TTC back has made me worse!) so I need something to help pass the time! I love seeing POAS pics so hopefully there will be a lot of those posted in here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    I don't think weight is actually a problem in getting pregnant but more so being healthy and active. I started at 60kg with DD1 and ended at 117kg with DD4, had no problems in conceiving with the last one, if anything it was easier- conceived whilst on the pill. I do say doing exercise helps though, even just a 30 minute walk daily, helps relax you too.
    This.
    For me i love eating nice food, i love cooking nice food but sometimes that nice food isnt good food.
    My mum is on blood pressure tablets and at 25 im borderline needing them too. While pregnant i went from 75kg to 99kg and ended up needing a blood pressure profile 3 times in the last four weeks as the extra weight and being heavily pregnant was sending my BP flying. At my 6 week check it was 140/100. Thats simply not normal. If i want more babies and to stay in MGP/Caseload i need to change something now before i end up unhealthy and setting the wrong example for my little girl. 😔 thats all the motivation i need right there. And i cant wait to be able to focus on that during the day. Unfortunately atm DD wants all my attention so my health is taking a step back.