+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm on the mini pill. I was taking that when breastfeeding and just continued with it because it didn't give me migraines. It's not as effective as the pill, but it will do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon2be4 View Post
    Haha are we twins in a parallel universe lol my cluckiness has also died off having such a nice quiet patch with my girls so just enjoying that and thinking hmm do I really want the baby chaos again yet (I know I do at some point of course!)

On a side note was popping on here to ask those that are waiting to ttc for whatever reason what protection are you currently using? I am trying to chart my cycle which isn't cooperating very well lately and we are just "pulling out" which of course isn't always effective but not a huge deal if we fall sooner than planned. What about everyone elsE?
    Haha- same form of conception and same state of mind here about if we did fall preg, but we used the withdrawal method between DS1&2 and it was effective.

I'm on my second cycle post DS2 and trying to track it in the hopes of swaying for a girl.
    First cycle was allll over the shop so hopefully by dec/jan I'll have it figured out!

I keep going in and out of cluckiness, I feel like everyone around me is having babies and falling pregnant, but my DS2 isn't even ten months old yet, I feel like he's still such a baby. I also LOVE the gap I have between my boys and would love a similar gap next time around which would mean TTC next month!! Some days I'm sure I'm ready, other days I'm sure I'm not! Lol

When are you officially TTC soon2be4?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemysons For This Useful Post:

Soon2be4  (12-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoping someone can help out here - I just had the mirena out last week and the nurse said (she was was positive) I was Oing at removal. I had what I would consider normal AF a couple of days after removal. She didn't know what I should expect re AF as I am still bf 2x/day and haven't had anything for almost 2 years. Would you consider this the start of that Day 1 or expect another AF in a couple of weeks? We weren't going to TTC until Dec/Jan but there's a possibility I could get preg this month if the nurse was right. Not sure what to think!?

ETA @Lovemysons what's your age gap between babes? My LO is is 13 months - hoping for a 2 year gap (if I get a bfp quickly). Sometimes I'm just loving our little fam of 3 and think about the chaos another newbie will bring (argh!) but I want my kidlets close together too. Feel a bit confused some days haha!
    Last edited by Pearlygirl; 12-10-2015 at 14:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    Hoping someone can help out here - I just had the mirena out last week and the nurse said (she was was positive) I was Oing at removal. I had what I would consider normal AF a couple of days after removal. She didn't know what I should expect re AF as I am still bf 2x/day and haven't had anything for almost 2 years. Would you consider this the start of that Day 1 or expect another AF in a couple of weeks? We weren't going to TTC until Dec/Jan but there's a possibility I could get preg this month if the nurse was right. Not sure what to think!?

ETA @Lovemysons what's your age gap between babes? My LO is is 13 months - hoping for a 2 year gap (if I get a bfp quickly). Sometimes I'm just loving our little fam of 3 and think about the chaos another newbie will bring (argh!) but I want my kidlets close together too. Feel a bit confused some days haha!
    Why did the nurse think you were O'ing? If AF arrived when you were expecting it, I'd ignore what the nurse said and go with the fact that that was AF

Is bleeding expected after the removal of a Mirena?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Why did the nurse think you were O'ing? If AF arrived when you were expecting it, I'd ignore what the nurse said and go with the fact that that was AF

Is bleeding expected after the removal of a Mirena?
    From the CM I think (sorry TMI). I got the impression it's really individual as to what happens when they take it out. The hormone level is really low so you won't necessarily get a withdrawl AF like you might on the pill (I think). I don't know where I was in my cycle as I haven't had anything while having the mirena.

I guess I might just wait 14 days again and if I don't get another AF take a preg test, and if negative assume I did have an AF when they took it out. I'm just not really sure about anything that's all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    From the CM I think (sorry TMI). I got the impression it's really individual as to what happens when they take it out. The hormone level is really low so you won't necessarily get a withdrawl AF like you might on the pill (I think). I don't know where I was in my cycle as I haven't had anything while having the mirena.

I guess I might just wait 14 days again and if I don't get another AF take a preg test, and if negative assume I did have an AF when they took it out. I'm just not really sure about anything that's all!
    I don't know anything about the Mirena, but I think your cervix changes throughout your cycle so maybe your cervix was synonymous with ovulation. That's just a wild guess though!
    @Soon2be4, I was on the pill but my prescription ran out at the end of my last cycle so I'm not on anything hormonal at the moment as its only for a month until we TTC. So we'll use condoms for now as I really don't want to accidentally fall pregnant as I want to wait until I'm outside of the 28 days following my chicken pox vax.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

Pearlygirl  (14-10-2015),Soon2be4  (12-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemysons View Post
    Haha- same form of conception and same state of mind here about if we did fall preg, but we used the withdrawal method between DS1&2 and it was effective.

I'm on my second cycle post DS2 and trying to track it in the hopes of swaying for a girl.
    First cycle was allll over the shop so hopefully by dec/jan I'll have it figured out!

I keep going in and out of cluckiness, I feel like everyone around me is having babies and falling pregnant, but my DS2 isn't even ten months old yet, I feel like he's still such a baby. I also LOVE the gap I have between my boys and would love a similar gap next time around which would mean TTC next month!! Some days I'm sure I'm ready, other days I'm sure I'm not! Lol

When are you officially TTC soon2be4?
    I get what you mean my youngest is only 8 months and i still have 2 under 2 until the end of the year! But hoping to try in January/February unless I'm still feeling hot/cold about it all. I would like a close gap if we only have 3 but if we have 4 I think big gap now then 2 more close together like my first 2 would be nice. Ahhhh too much to think about have to leave it up to fate!

How are you charting? I had spotting and period cramps on 27/9 and then on/off spotting but didn't get proper bleeding until a week later so I'm really unsure as to whether I count the first spotting day as CD1? Anyhow mostly I just watch for CM so will see how we go with it all 😌

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Soon2be4 For This Useful Post:

Lovemysons  (13-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pearly girl I have 20 months between my boys which has been a breeze, but DS1 is and always has been extremely independent and was speaking very well when DS2 was born so that helped. He hardly even noticed the new baby, and now at 2.5 and 9 months they are already playing together and forming a great relationship.

Soon2be4 if you had a normal period I'd just count CD1 as the first day of the proper bleeding. I've just stared using the app OVIA and temping and OPKS this month as its my first regular cycle (still BFing ds2) and I'm pretty sure I pinpointed my ovulation this month on CD16, did some reading on the shettles method and apparently it's imperative that I know exactly when I ovulate.. I'm torn when it comes to when to start TTC because we are going to be avoiding ovulation in hopes to sway for a girl.. But I'm worried that may mean it takes us a few months to conceive and I really want this baby to be born a few months before Ds1 starts school so that we can settle right in before school drop offs start (Jan 2017) and get the little baby sleeping reasonably well too.
    I think I've finally decided I'll chart one more cycle (Nov) and we can start TTC Dec, but I'm kind of hoping to miss that one and catch the Jan egg for an October baby hopefully I don't change my mind again!

So many factors to consider! I would love 4! And ideally if my husband would agree to 4 I'd like a 4 yr gap then another 2 close together but I'm afraid if number 3 is a girl hubby definitely won't want another. I'm hoping I can persuade him further down the track

Sorry for the novel! These are all the thought/debates in my head that I'm sure my husband is sick of hearing about! Haha!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemysons For This Useful Post:

Pearlygirl  (14-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Completely understand everything you're saying.. I am ovulating now so going by first sign of spotting this is cd23 or by first day of bleeding I'm cd15 will keep charting and see how we go. That was my first period after getting copper iud out so can't expect it to be on track. If we have a 3rd pink I will want to go back for a 4th because I know what it's like to. Be1 of 3 girls and one is always left out lol. I think I need to go for our third when we have been talking or I will get too far out of the baby stuff and not want to go back at all.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Soon2be4 For This Useful Post:

Lovemysons  (20-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm currently waiting at the dr for a pre pregnancy blood test. One step closer to actually trying

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (23-10-2015),JR03  (20-10-2015),Lovemysons  (06-11-2015)