+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Tortoisenothehare I don't know too much about mtfhr mutations to be honest, but if I were you I'd book an appt with your FS to talk through your worries and make sure you're covering off on anything else you might need to do to prepare for TTC. Can't do any harm, right? And if nothing else it might put your mind at ease to know your plan is on track

Afm, DH and I have gotten our additional test results back, and everything is normal. So there's no sign of high dna fragmentation or chromosomal probs for him, and no sign of immune, thyroid or clotting stuff for me. It doesn't change the fact that our embryos are atrocious, but at least we know there's no hidden nasties going on that we didn't know about already! And now we can charge full steam ahead for a July ivf cycle. Hooray!

My weightloss/getting healthy plan has NOT been going well on the other hand. I have been eating ALL THE THINGS and have just had no self-control whatsoever. But maybe now we have a definite start date I can find some motivation!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

Lil Smurfy  (22-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsChino that's great that you have a start date!!! You must be very excited 😃 as you said this might keep you motivated with the other health stuff.

AFM - I ended up calling the clinic to talk about my results from those years ago and they said that they weren't worried and that I don't need to start doing anything yet. They'll re-check my levels when we go back but I feel much better now because she also said my vitamin B levels may have corrected themselves and according to a recent blood work it shows they have. The mutation I have just means my body doesn't absorb vitamin B from food and I had taken supplements for a while and now they seem okay. Anyways long story short I'm not going to worry about it and just wait until the experts tell me what I should do (if anything) when the time comes 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't been in here for a while as I wasn't sure when things would be happening for us, so I didn't want to dwell too much. But (even though absolutely nothing has been organised yet), it looks like I'll be back in Aus for my FET in September. The bad part is that if the FET doesn't work (most likely outcome), there's a good chance I'll be sidelined for more IVF for possibly up to a couple of years, as I can't feasibly do another full stim cycle until we move back to Australia, and we have NO idea when that will be, but definitely won't be anytime soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Fingers crossed it works first go xx

I'm thinking of looking into o induction and a fs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    I'm struggling with waiting as well. With the Abbott announcement about the change in ppl, it is better if we get pregnant September at the latest.
    Yeah the PPL proposed announcements are bumping up our plans too. That said, they need to get the support of six of the crossbenchers to pass it.

So erm, I got clearance from the doctor today for my immunisations I was waiting on. So I guess we could start trying tonight as I'm ovulating now.

Cons: I need to get my boostrix immunisation (diphtheria, tetanus & whooping cough) which I can get tomorrow, have a root canal finished hopefully in the last week of June (but if I fall pregnant, they will probs wait until after I give birth), and I would love to lose 10kg (according to BMI I'm currently 8kg overweight).

Nervous, confused...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bubbly View Post
    Yeah the PPL proposed announcements are bumping up our plans too. That said, they need to get the support of six of the crossbenchers to pass it.

So erm, I got clearance from the doctor today for my immunisations I was waiting on. So I guess we could start trying tonight as I'm ovulating now.

Cons: I need to get my boostrix immunisation (diphtheria, tetanus & whooping cough) which I can get tomorrow, have a root canal finished hopefully in the last week of June (but if I fall pregnant, they will probs wait until after I give birth), and I would love to lose 10kg (according to BMI I'm currently 8kg overweight).

Nervous, confused...
    Is there a reason you want that needle now? It's recommended you get it in the third trimester, to give bub some whooping cough immunity

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (27-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    My rubella immunity is almost zero and I have had numerous shots for it. My doctor said not to bother anymore as I clearly can't hold immunity to it and it's pretty rare to catch these days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Is there a reason you want that needle now? It's recommended you get it in the third trimester, to give bub some whooping cough immunity
    Yeah cause I missed my tetanus etc booster so it's been recommended. Makes sense so I don't contract whooping cough etc during the first two trimesters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, hope everyone is going well!

I've been to the doctor and got more blood referrals. Just another practice go!
    The doctor has also prescribed metformin for me to try. Hopefully it will help the PCOS and regulate me and it can help to lose weight. Hopefully by the time we start TTC my cycles will be better!

I really hope everyone is doing well. Hope you're not all too impatient and are on track with whatever goals you have set yourselves

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi all can I join?

I'm 24 , DH is 28 and we have 2yo DD.

We are extending our house and doing some internal renovations so won't be TTC until November.

DH wanted to try in August but the DIY list is too long.

Going to see my gp tomorrow for some bloods to check my thyroid, get a Pap smear ect.

I'm totally clucky but my rational brain knows it's better to wait a whole longer. Plus I wanted atleast a 3 year age gap anyway