+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Everyone has their own timeline for these things. We had been together for 6 months when we decided we wanted kids together...then DS was conceived a little over 6 months later. It wasn't planned as such...just not prevented. Once we got confirmation it didn't take long for me to start putting laybys on, making clothes and lots and lots of names lists. I drove DH crazy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Meagjd View Post
    Yep plenty of time!! We just had 5 year anniversary yesterday.

I'm sure in a couple of weeks your lists will be made..you already have your budgets done!
    Happy anniversary for yesterday

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

Meagjd  (28-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default TTC Waiting Room

So true! DP and I haven't been together all that long either... Not officially anyway. It will be about a year and a half almost 2 years when we start TTC but I know it's right and I know I'm ready. I couldn't think of anyone better to start a family with.. I'm so very loved up. Everyone is different but that's awesome that you guys got straight into it too!

And yes I second that, happy anniversary for yesterday!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

Meagjd  (28-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think everyone started asking us once we married when we were having kids and it just got put on the back burner.

We decides now is the time...

And happy anniversary 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank u 😊..

ImAgine how bad we will all be when we are ACTUALLY pregnant lol!! I'm going to be the worst..my partner is already dreading it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, waiting to TTC here too. We got pregnant last June then miscarried at 7+5. Skipped a cycle then got pregnant in September with twins. Lost one twin at around six weeks. Abnormalities were found at the morph scan with the remaining twin and we made the decision to terminate the pregnancy. My beautiful boy was born on 1 March 2015 at 22 weeks.

We want to TTC again ASAP. I've been warned to wait until I'm 'mentally ready' but since I have no idea WTH that means in real terms considering what's happened (and considering I'm 34) we'll just try again when we're given the physical all clear and hope my mental state gets sorted out on the road.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

Lil Smurfy  (29-03-2015),Meagjd  (29-03-2015),TortoiseNotTheHare  (29-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi ladies! My DP and I are looking at ttc after September this year but won't ttc in December/January. Our DD will be 1 in September.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi ladies, we are looking at TTC in the next few months but may skip TTC in June/July as DS was born in April so may try to space the birthdays a little. Best of wishes to you all and hope to see some BFP's and POAS pics in the near future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome all!

I'm glad that there are others out there who are also waiting to TTC!

@Sally1981 - I can understand why you would be frustrated with the warning to wait until you are 'mentally ready'. I say if you feel ready to go then go. I always say to people that have been through horrible times that you will never get over it but you will get through it. In the mean time we can wait together and you will have some great people that might be able to make the time pass faster while your body does it's thing.
    @Mamasupial make yourself comfy here in our waiting room That timeline will be roughly the same for us too! That's wonderful that you have a beautiful little DD to keep you occupied in the meantime too. DP and I have talked about having a small gap between ours too (if we can of course - never know what the body will do).
    @HeavenBlue weclome and hope you enjoy your wait with us! That's interesting to hear that you are trying to put a gap between their birthdays.. I am the type of person that thinks about all these things way too early and creates plans in order to make a plan (yep I love to plan) so I have also already thought about things like that as well as trying to time it for birthdays to be in warmer months. I grew up having a BBQ and swim for nearly every birthday so I would like them to have the same option. We are outdoorsy kind of people and so I wouldn't be surprised if they grow up to love it too. We shall see though! Having said that we want to start trying towards the last quarter of the year so if it takes straight away then we might end up with a winter bubba.
    @Meagjd - I can't even begin to imagine how organised we will be when we are actually pregnant! I'll probably have my hospital packed after I POAS!!! Hahahahahahahahahahaha. In all seriousness though. We will be very cautious and won't be buying anything until the 20 week mark really.

So for everyone in here - what sorts of things are you up to over the next few months to try and keep you busy? Is anyone finding it hard to wait like I am? I am spending my time in focusing on losing weight. I have also surrounded myself by baby things (movies, looking at baby furniture and clothes) to keep me motivated with that.

Sorry long post!
    Last edited by TortoiseNotTheHare; 29-03-2015 at 10:08.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (29-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week

Default TTC Waiting Room

My partner wants a small gap in kids. I think DD and work have me very busy so I won't be dwelling too much in the months leading up to it. I'm expecting it to take a while to conceive again. It took 16 months the first time. Hoping my cycle is relatively short compared to how it used to be. I'm also trying to lose weight.