+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi and welcome @Mrs Bubbly. Settle yourself in and chat

It would be frustrating to have had a timeframe in mind and for it to change. But yes, just think of it as extra time to prep and save.

How is everyone at the start of this new week? How was everyone's weekends?
    We had a lovely weekend but cheated with food a little (not too bad but not awesome).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CompletelySavvy View Post
    More like impatiently waiting. Insanely jealous when i see other pregnant peoples
    Must hold off -.-

I'm impatiently waiting too...

Impatiently waiting for a decision of whether to TTC... *sigh*

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jadey7 For This Useful Post:

MummaCat  (21-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @jadey7 are you waiting for your DP to make a decision?
    @CompletelySavvy I totally get that. I'm jealous too but now that we are doing all of this prep, it's not so bad because I know that one day we will be holding our own baby. And it will be before we know it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mind if I join you ladies in here?

We have been TTC for nearly 2 years now, and did our 3rd round of IVF in Feb. Unfortunately it resulted in an ectopic pregnancy, and I had surgery in March. It was an awful thing to go through, but I was recovering pretty well and was all fired up to cycle again in May. But then earlier this week, my hcg started going up again! So unfortunately I had to have a dose of methotrexate which means we can’t TTC for 3 months. BUMMER.

I’m pretty disappointed. It feels like we can’t catch a break, and it’s just setback after setback. Sigh. But I’m doing my best to focus on how to make the most of this time.

Firstly, I want to try and save a bit of money. It seems like it’s been flowing out of our bank account like water thanks to all the medical bills! Hopefully we’ll be able to get ahead a little bit before our next cycle.

Secondly, I’d like to get my health on track. I am feeling pretty worn out and unhealthy after all this, so I want to get back into the exercise, and take care of myself a bit better. I’ve started doing acupuncture and taking Chinese herbs, so hopefully that will help get my body in better shape before we cycle again as well.

Finally, I’d like to lose a few kilos. The weight has really crept on in the last 6 months, what with the IVF and surgery and not being able to exercise etc (and I am definitely an emotional eater ). I feel gross, and I can’t fit into any of my winter clothes.

So that’s my grand plan! Now I just need to get motivated to actually ‘do’ those things

Any tips on how I can find my mojo to make the most of our unexpected break from TTC?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Welcome MrsChino. Sorry about your ectopic.

Not much happening here. My DD has been sick all week. She's finally on the mend, which is great.

My first week of weight watchers, I lost 2.1kgs. I was pretty stoked with that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Lilsmurfy

2.1kg in your first week is pretty amazing - good for you! Maybe I should jump on the WW bandwagon... might look into that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @MrsChino. Sorry to hear of everything you have been through! I hope the next 3 or so months flies by for you.

As for mojo...if you're wanting motivation to exercise, I would suggest finding something you enjoy doing. DP loves music so we dance every night. It's fun and it really gets us moving.
    If you need to work on a diet or something....I find those hard so I'm not too sure. DP keeps me in check with that haha. She may come in later with some good tips! I will say, one thing I have worked on lately is portion control. That has helped a lot.

@Lil Smurfy Sucks that your DD has been sick, I'm glad she's on the mend. 2.1kgs is awesome!! Well done!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @BeautyOfTheSoul

I love that you and your DP dance every night! Sounds like you guys have a lot of fun I normally do a bootcamp that I quite like, but I haven't been able to go lately, and I'm struggling a bit to get started again from zero fitness. I'm sure I'll feel better once I get moving again, so I just need to bite the bullet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went from zero exercise. I think it's starting to make a bit of a difference but time will tell I would love to say I hurt less but we ramp it up when we feel it's getting too easy so then it starts to hurt a little bit again haha

DP has been doing shakes and lost a bunch of weight. She's doing so well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsChino View Post
    Thanks @Lilsmurfy

2.1kg in your first week is pretty amazing - good for you! Maybe I should jump on the WW bandwagon... might look into that.
    WW is fantastic. I find it so easy, because I don't feel like I'm missing out