+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I originally wanted to elope, but DH was against it. We did spend around 20k on our wedding, which was a huge amount, but we saved for it, didn't have to borrow, and we had such an amazing day. All our guests said what a beautiful fairytale wedding if was, and my photos are gorgeous. If I had my time again, I'd do it exactly the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pretty excited about our ceremony. It will be tiny because we only want the closest family and friends there. We have so many ideas floating around at the moment. It's so hard to pick a good time of the year, weather-wise. We wanted March but the weather is so unpredictable and we want to do it outside. I'd hate to get rained out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautyOfTheSoul View Post
    I'm pretty excited about our ceremony. It will be tiny because we only want the closest family and friends there. We have so many ideas floating around at the moment. It's so hard to pick a good time of the year, weather-wise. We wanted March but the weather is so unpredictable and we want to do it outside. I'd hate to get rained out!
    We got married in a smallish/ medium sized wedding in October which was the most perfect month of the year the weather was perfect! it was the best day of my life. But you need to make the day what YOU want not every one else and that is the most important thing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to twentysomething For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautyOfTheSoul View Post
    They say if it rains on your wedding day it's good luck. It absolutely poured on my wedding day which was a summer day in February- still going strong 7 years on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Ahhh I want to be engaged lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In that case maybe we could have rain the night of our ceremony??! Lol. It will be small and arranged with late notice as it won't take too much to organise it. Might just do it in a nice park and then dinner at our fav restaurant where we go on our dates 😘 we just want to make it about our love. We probably sound like hippies haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got married in early November with no wet weather plan, so of course it rained. Bucketed down right at 3pm when I arrived at the venue & had to sit (fume) in the limo for half an hour waiting for the rain to stop so we could get married under a wet dripping tree.

Not bitter about it though

It was a lovely day regardless, it was about marrying DH at the end of the day. It cost over $20K but we only used savings & were gifted some money from our parents to help pay for it so it was all paid for before the day.

I love hearing about other people's wedding plans! Keep them coming!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    We were lucky. My parents paid for most of the stuff for the wedding but even then I think it was still around the $2500 mark. They never really told me but I have a pretty large family and feeding them all would have cost a bit. DH's suit was on special and my dress only cost $450 with alterations and because Mum and I are both seamstresses we maid the kids clothes. My nephew wore the same as what DS was wearing in the photo I posted way back and my niece wore a cute little 2 piece. I would love to renew our vows this year (10 years in October) and do it our way because my parent's implemented a lot of what they wanted in the wedding. We were in Gladstone and the wedding was on the NSW south coast where my parents are so they did most of the planning. It was still a wonderful day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha the rain strikes again!

Renewing your vows sounds lovely chunkydunks. What did you have in mind?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    Haha the rain strikes again!

Renewing your vows sounds lovely chunkydunks. What did you have in mind?
    No church lol. We loved the Japanese Gardens here in Toowoomba and just whoever wanted to show up then dinner out somewhere. Nothing overly flash. We got engaged when we were living in Canberra and I wanted the wedding with the works but affording it on the measly income we were on wasn't going to happen.