+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 673
  1. #141
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    456
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked
    272
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CompletelySavvy View Post
    On one hand you could buy a double and not need it therefore wasting that extra money. Then on the other hand you could buy a single and need a double and therefore waste even more money having to buy a second pram.
    I guess you gotta way up which one will be a cheaper financial loss in the future.
    Very true! I guess that's something we will have to figure out

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    3,726
    Thanks
    1,432
    Thanked
    1,176
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Who tries to keep track of ovulation? I've never really kept track of AF or ovulation but I need to do both after my surgery. Gyno says risks of ectopic are higher so I'll need a scan early into pregnancy and just to keep on top of everything. I'm day 18 and still no O. DH has also been doing his research and would like to sway for a boy which can be to do with timing, I'm happy either way!

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    15,262
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked
    1,178
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Hi Chillies
    @BeautyOfTheSoul have you thought about a skateboard, bike or seat attachment for a pram? When DS was littler I liked the idea of getting the skateboard for him if we had another bub. Seeing he'll be a minimum of 12 if I manage to have another one it's not needed.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

    Chillies  (01-04-2015)

  5. #144
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,682
    Thanks
    757
    Thanked
    1,114
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ooh gender swaying... Exciting! I always love to see if it works out! I track my cycle because I get quite a bit of pain so I like to know when to expect it. I also get ovulation pain so I know when it's happening. It's reassuring to know what your body is doing which is the reason I track. No chance of natural conception for me. Pretty sure DP can't produce sperm 😂

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

    BabyG4  (01-04-2015),Chillies  (01-04-2015)

  7. #145
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    15,262
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked
    1,178
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    Who tries to keep track of ovulation? I've never really kept track of AF or ovulation but I need to do both after my surgery. Gyno says risks of ectopic are higher so I'll need a scan early into pregnancy and just to keep on top of everything. I'm day 18 and still no O. DH has also been doing his research and would like to sway for a boy which can be to do with timing, I'm happy either way!
    I have trouble with OPKs. Apparently it's not uncommon for those with PCOS to have inconsistent results from them. I rarely get a second line, let alone a positive. I haven't tried any other methods though I was thinking about seeing if my son's little microscope would work the same as the maybe baby one lol

  8. #146
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    3,726
    Thanks
    1,432
    Thanked
    1,176
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    Ooh gender swaying... Exciting! I always love to see if it works out! I track my cycle because I get quite a bit of pain so I like to know when to expect it. I also get ovulation pain so I know when it's happening. It's reassuring to know what your body is doing which is the reason I track. No chance of natural conception for me. Pretty sure DP can't produce sperm 😂
    Haha I had a chuckle to your sperm line and my 3 year old asks 'what you laugh at mummy?'

    Is it true that the pains actually happen prior to ovulating? I read this somewhere.

  9. #147
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    3,726
    Thanks
    1,432
    Thanked
    1,176
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkydunks View Post
    I have trouble with OPKs. Apparently it's not uncommon for those with PCOS to have inconsistent results from them. I rarely get a second line, let alone a positive. I haven't tried any other methods though I was thinking about seeing if my son's little microscope would work the same as the maybe baby one lol
    Are hormones different when you have PCOS to affect the tests?
    Is a second faint line still a sign that it's happening? I got some internet cheapies which say that even a faint line is a negative. I did get a faint line today but brushed it off.

  10. #148
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    15,262
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked
    1,178
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    Are hormones different when you have PCOS to affect the tests?
    Is a second faint line still a sign that it's happening? I got some internet cheapies which say that even a faint line is a negative. I did get a faint line today but brushed it off.
    Yeah, PCOS is caused by an imbalance of hormones. The typical is that it's too much testosterone and other things being thrown out. Pretty sure most OPKs are positive when the second line is darker than the control line. The one time I did get a faint line on a cheapie I tested on a one from the chemist and it come up positive.

  11. #149
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked
    6
    Reviews
    0
    DP possibly going home tomorrow afternoon!! And a week and a bit and back to work..even more yay!! Start putting $$ I to baby fund again!!

    Skipped convo flow so how everyone is well.

    While in hospital I went for a tour..don't mind what i saw..met 2 midwives who were great!!

  12. #150
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,682
    Thanks
    757
    Thanked
    1,114
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @BabyG4 - I laugh to myself when I think about DP having sperm shoot out the way Spiderman's web shoots out lol. As for the ovulation pain yeah I really get. It every month right on time. It's like a stabbing kind of pain that only lasts about 15min and then a dull ache like period pain aches. I always tell DP when it happens because I'm like oh there goes an egg haha.
    @Meagjd - glad your DP gets to go home soon! That's cool about the little tour you gave yourself. What did you find?


 

Similar Threads

  1. IVF Waiting Room
    By TortoiseNotTheHare in forum IVF
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2015, 10:36
  2. Waiting it out
    By Lollie in forum Pregnancy Loss Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-07-2014, 00:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Melbourne Natural Medicine Clinic
Specialist Naturopathy, Chiropractic & Massage Melbourne Natural Medicine Clinic
Leading natural health practitioners in fertility, preconception, pregnancy, and children's health. We take an integrative approach all health professionals and offer diagnostic testing and natural treatment options suitable for the whole family.
featured supporter
Melbourne Natural Medicine Clinic
Leading natural health practitioners in fertility, preconception, pregnancy, and children's health. We take an integrative approach all health professionals and offer diagnostic testing and natural treatment options suitable for the whole family.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!