+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, I can see why you were a little worried about the pregnancy scare. Ideally, how what age gap would you want between your DD and the next bub?

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelySavvy View Post
    @TaylorMade i guess im mostly concerned about DD. She is only 5 months at the moment and i want to spend some more time just her and I at the moment. DP isnt ready either.

I havent been doing anything to prepare except trying to lose weight. Also trying to track my cycle but its a bit all over the place still

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BabyG4 Thanks I'm pretty happy with the weightloss so far.

Hope the check up tomorrow goes well and all is still on track for the surgery. Hopefully you can get UTD quickly and that DH will be in Australia when bub is ready to be born

DP and I already know which pram we want. We love the iCandy Peach or Strawberry. For those with 2 kids already, is having a double pram worth it? The Peach becomes a double but we aren't sure if we would use it as a double often enough for it to be worth it. We would maybe just baby wear the younger bub when the older one got tired enough to go in the pram
    @TaylorMade I just saw on the other thread...Congrats to the offer on your house!! That's awesome
    Last edited by BeautyOfTheSoul; 30-03-2015 at 18:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so haven't been on here for a bit and just caught up on all the posts..hi everyone!!

Well we are back in hospital today..his been admitted and just waiting on a bed....waiting waiting waiting!!!

I've forgotten now who had the needle phobia..so my partner has an EXTREME Phobia..what we have found helps him..put his arm to the side and he looks the other way..someone holds his arm while the other person puts it in..I stand on the side he is looking and talk to him and wen he is calm the nurse counts him down while I hold his hand and talk to him..about the things he likes..still tricky but helps and he is improving with each needle!!

I don't think it's weight that counts too much..just be happy within yourself and as strong and healthy as you can be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no @Meagjd Sucks that your DP is back in hospital!

It was me with the needle phobia. That's similar to what has to happen with me. I just can't stand when they talk to me. I don't want to know what they are doing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @BeautyOfTheSoul we are liking a age gap between 18 - 24 months. Which will put us TTC in August onwards.
    I like the idea of closer then that but i know im not ready and im concerned i wouldnt cope.
    Last edited by MummaCat; 30-03-2015 at 19:09.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaCat For This Useful Post:

Meagjd  (30-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    His slowly getting better..4 weeks ago he took close to 2 hours to get blood from him..today was 30!! Did something happen in your past to cause the fear??

DPs nan was really sick and the last thing he remembers seeing is her getting a needle and then she passed away so that's why he has this really bad phobia!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @CompletelySavvy - We won't be too far behind you Maybe we will end up in the same DIG
    @Meagjd - Nope, nothing has happened, just had the stupid phobia since I can remember. I can see why he would have developed that phobia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    Wow this thread moves fast when you don't check in throughout the day sorry I'm on my phone so can't quote altogether or remember everyone's names.
    @Beautyofsoul and Tortoise- you guys are both doing amazing with the weight loss. Do you eat snacks Tortoise or solely shake based? I lost all my weight from doing isagenix which is a shake based nutritional cleanse program. I was finding I would always skip meals but the program made me remember to always have something.
    Love how you guys are going to be sharing eggs! Have you got plans on what gap you want to plan between kiddies or just seeing how everything goes?
    I had my surgery a month, they don't recommend trying until 3 months. Have my checkup tomorrow. My only problem is DH is going to the states sometime next year for 6months so we need to juggle it around that. Won't know when he's going until the next 2-3 months argh.

@ConpletelySavvy I had the exact same problem with my last 2 DD's. My BP was so high and the meds weren't working so they were both delivered early at 36 weeks. I did put that down to my weight so I'm hoping 5th time around and a lot of weight down that I won't have that problem. FX!! I was also exactly like you when I had DD1. As soon as she was born I was so clucky and could have another straight away. We didn't prevent it either but it took a little longer and 3 m/c to have DD2. I thought that would happen again with our 3rd but nope I was pregnant straight away so only have a 10month and 3 week gap between 2&3. Loved the close gap by far!!
    @Lil Smurfy I'm still trying to figure out exactly how Ovia works. I've been trying to keep track of everything so when we can actually try I know where we are at. I'm day 16 and still no O or sign of it. Got some internet cheapie Ovulation tests too and no sign of it. Ah well I've still got a few months to get on track.

Can't wait to start buying everything again DH swears I only want another bub so I can buy another pram haha. I may have a slight pram addiction!

@BabyG4 - I know what you mean about keeping up with the thread! I can see my DP is doing a better job of that than me haha. I'm still in the office at the moment but thought I would check in and read up on what I have missed and there is so much! I will have to come back and do more personals tomorrow. My memory is shocking!

So for the shakes - I do 3 a day and have some veggies as a snack too but that's it really. I did adapt the list of veggies a little to suit me more but the weight loss has slowed down a bit so no more of that. Back to the prescribed list of veggies it is for me. I've still already lost nearly 2 kgs since Thurs but still... DP is doing really well with losing weight considering she hasn't got a lot to lose. Nowhere near as much as me! It's good to be doing it with someone else though. It helps to keep me motivated. If she was eating crap in front of me I would probably cry a little haha.

As for everyone else - so glad to see we have got a nice and chatty group here! Welcome to any commers that I haven't spotted yet! Pull up a seat and join us in our (hopefully short) wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Meagjd, I hope your DP is home soon.

Whoever mentioned prams, I'd love a new one. We have a strider plus, which I really like, but it's so big. DD just wants to walk everywhere now, so definitely won't need a double pram

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Meagjd  (30-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautyOfTheSoul View Post
    @TaylorMade I just saw on the other thread...Congrats to the offer on your house!! That's awesome
    Thanks! We decided to accept, so now we don't have to have a home open or anything, it's a load off my mind that I don't have to keep the house display home clean with DD wreaking havoc everywhere! And we're in a better position to make an offer on the house we want tomorrow. So excited, been waiting nearly 9 years for this!!

Re: the double pram, I think the same as you (I would wear a baby & push a toddler) but if I were going to get a double pram I'd get a bugaboo donkey. I love bugaboo prams! I'm in the middle of 'doing up' a cameleon at the moment - though that project is on hold until after we move now

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

Chunkydunks  (31-03-2015)