+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Most of the time, I just get around in short sleeved polo shirts, jeans, and joggers; partially for comfort, and partially because I just don't know any better. I've never had much "fashion sense". It's not really ever been something that interested me until now.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (28-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I follow a blog called Styling You which has great suggestions. The blogger also has a book called Unlock Your Style or something like that, I haven't read it, but could be just what you need.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (28-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBug'sMum View Post
    I follow a blog called Styling You which has great suggestions. The blogger also has a book called Unlock Your Style or something like that, I haven't read it, but could be just what you need.
    That sounds great! I'll do a search.

I love the idea of a mood board! I might have to do an online one as I don't have any fashion mags.
    @Catzilla I'm a jeans and singlet top and when cool, a cardigan type of girl at the moment as it's comfy and easy to breastfeed in. I can't wait to finally wean DS so I can wear jumpers at the very least.

Every time I try to check out clothes for my body shape, I don't actually fit any of the shapes. Even Trinny and Suzanna have 12 body shapes and I don't fit any of those either!

I'm 5ft 2 have small arms, shoulders and chest but have an apple tummy but unlike a true apple I also have a bum and hips and thin calves. If almost have to create my own shape of a Sesame Street figure 8! Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recently went through my wardrobe and chucked so much stuff (all heavily worn so I didn't bother donating them). I tried on everything I kept (a few pieces I kept for sentimentality), and if I didn't love how it looked or didn't find it comfortable I chucked it. I don't have time to wear uncomfortable clothes lol. I bought a few pieces that go well with most things (black dress slacks, a few new shirts in colours that look nice on me), and things that age well, so nothing too out there. I pulled out my dresses and try to wear them more often too
    Good luck, you have a great excuse to find a new style and that's exciting

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Amiedoll For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (28-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you are in Adelaide check out 'Make it Look Easy' on FB.
    They run courses and E books and have a blog, even their DB page is fantastic. If I lived in Adelaide I would def go to one of their courses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiedoll View Post
    I pulled out my dresses and try to wear them more often too
    I am just not a dress (or skirt) person. Every now and then I try to get into dresses and it lasts about a week and I'm back to shorts and t-shirts. I have a cupboard full of dresses that I've worn once or twice. What are your hints for being more comfortable in dresses?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing out of interest. I've only just had my last bub but I would like to have some style when I start wearing normal clothes again.

I find it quite frustrating because I can buy from the same brands as friends and while they look good I always look mum-ish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nette View Post
    I am just not a dress (or skirt) person. Every now and then I try to get into dresses and it lasts about a week and I'm back to shorts and t-shirts. I have a cupboard full of dresses that I've worn once or twice. What are your hints for being more comfortable in dresses?
    I go for maxi dresses, and ones that are made from stretchier fabric (I can't stand feeling restricted). I also prefer longer ones so I don't have to worry about flashing :P
    In winter I put a nice cardigan on over top. I also have a little pull over that's mostly just sleeves (if that makes sense lol) and I put that on if I want to make a sleeveless dress look a bit nicer.
    Other than that it's just about reminding myself they are there, it's easy to forget about them. Once I got in the habit of wearing them though I really enjoyed it, they're comfy and bit of a confidence boost

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Amiedoll For This Useful Post:

DJ Nette  (29-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a new book out called 'Mojo Mama Secrets' by Nedahl Stelio which has a chapter on finding your personal style.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Is it only available as an e book? I can't seem to find a link to a printed book.