+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Which doctor to go to?

Recently got my bfp now I really should decide which doctor to book in with. I know I can change my mind later but I'd rather not. I can see a doctor I haven't met and do not know and deliver in a hospital only 10-15 mins away. I don't know the hospital at all. Or I could go to a doctor and hospital I do know about 20 mins away. Problem is I work at that hospital and know all the doctors and the staff.

I'd appreciate your thoughts and suggestions of other points to consider. Thankyou

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I think you need to do what you are most comfortable with. It's hard for anyone else to advise you here as they don't know your feelings. As far as the doctor, personally I don't think it matters so much as after the first initial consults I hardly saw the doctor and all my contact was with the anti natal clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you though about midwifery care? If you've got no complications they can be a great option.
    I was in a caseload midwifery program which was fantastic.
    A friend did shared care with a private midwife. Her midwife then came to her home and laboured with her. When she got to hospital she was 7cm and had baby in about an hour. Her midwife came to the hospital as a birth support person, then did home visits when she went home.
    If I can't get into caseload next time I'll be going the private midwife option!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately no midwifery care close by. Wouldve been a nice option though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If the hospital you do know makes you uncomfortable then maybe try tour the other option before you commit.

Personally, I would go with the place I know though. Birth is already so much about the unknown for me so any control I can have, I will, so I would go with somewhere familiar (but that's just me).