+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3 yr old waking up crying hyseterical every night!

Is anybodies kids waking up in the middle of the night at three andscream and cry and yell and is hard to settle? Im so tired. He wakes the older brother and sister up and i have one on the way its going to be mahem!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

It could be a night terror (is that what they're called?) My cousins son had them. I saw on the baby video monitor. He would sit up and just scream. I don't think there is much that can be done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Probably night terrors.They start around 3 yo. I go in and comfort dd and turn a fan on for background noise. It seems to help. I think with ds they only lasted a few months so hopefully not to too long for your little one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep. Night terrors. Passed thru that stage with one, the other starting now.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He calmed down and i got to sleep at 2 got woken at six. Now the lil buggers happily eating pancakes and ive had to fast for glucose test this morning one hungry mumma

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sounds like night terrors, I used to get them and my DS1 got them too. The best thing is to not wake them up. They won't remember anything - it isn't like a nightmare where you wake up feeling scared.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's so hard my DD was 3 when I had her brother that was around the time her night terrors started so I had two waking numerous times a night. They do pass eventually at what age I don't know but I can say get lots of support when your baby arrives otherwise it wears you thin

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 7 and 4 yr olds used to do it also i did as well this seems a little different he initially is semi wake he talks...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yup that is what my DS was like as well - he'd have his eyes open and talking, screaming, crying and then in the morning he didn't remember anything. Whereas with a nightmare, he'd be talking about the nightmare and when he woke he knew he'd woken up, calm down and then go back to sleep. He'd be able to tell me about it in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by crystalmammy89 View Post
    My 7 and 4 yr olds used to do it also i did as well this seems a little different he initially is semi wake he talks...