Hi,
My name is Menisha and I am currently a third year student studying a Bachelor of Nursing/Midwifery at the University of Queensland.
As a Bachelor of Nursing/Midwifery student I am required to undertake Continuity of Care experiences. This means accompanying you on your exciting journey towards motherhood. I would accompany you to your antenatal visits; offer to provide you with support during labour and birth, and the postnatal period. It is important to realise that I would not replace your primary care provider. I am based at Ipswich General Hospital but am willing to travel to most Brisbane based hospitals included The Wesley, Mater Mothers Hospital and the Royal Brisbane Womens Hospital.
As a student it would be ideal for me to attend 5 antenatal appointments, your birth and 2 postnatal appointments so it would be best if you were 34 weeks gestation or less. I would act as an additional support person and advocate for you and your family throughout this journey.
Your participation is entirely voluntary and you are able to withdraw from the experience at any time.
If this sounds like something you and your partner would be interested with, please don’t hesitate to contact me on 0435 021 025 or reply to this thread
Thank you!