+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks so much for the responses ladies. It sounds like you really understand. It's just so hard to know what's normal at this stage. Part of me knows it would be best and healthiest to not drink and take Valium to take the edge off and to sleep, but the other part can't imagine how anyone can just process all this raw emotions in one go, particularly at night, without some help.

I think as long as I'm honest with the psych about everything she can tell me if it's a problem.

Interesting that you didn't drink for a week, Holly. I didn't either. It was like my brain wasn't ready to admit that I wasn't pregnant anymore, so I kept to the pregnancy diet.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (28-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    Thanks so much for the responses ladies. It sounds like you really understand. It's just so hard to know what's normal at this stage. Part of me knows it would be best and healthiest to not drink and take Valium to take the edge off and to sleep, but the other part can't imagine how anyone can just process all this raw emotions in one go, particularly at night, without some help.

I think as long as I'm honest with the psych about everything she can tell me if it's a problem.

Interesting that you didn't drink for a week, Holly. I didn't either. It was like my brain wasn't ready to admit that I wasn't pregnant anymore, so I kept to the pregnancy diet.
    That's a good plan. I think if you're honest about how your coping then you'll be ok.

Yes. I remember a friend who had lost her daughter before us telling me to just have a glass of wine and I couldn't, I felt like it meant I was celebrating that I could drink.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Sally,
    I've only just joined and seen your post. I lost my baby boy at 21 weeks due to skeletal dysplasia (thanatophoric). It's been 2 years and 5 months since he was born and some days I will still have that extra glass or two of wine to numb the pain a little.
    The funny thing about grief is that you never know when it's going to hit you, you feel like you're doing so well (and you are) but then BAM it hits you.. Your baby isn't here with you and you feel like you're back to square one.
    But they will always be in our hearts and we will meet them again. I was sent a poem that really made sense...

A tiny flower,
    Lent not given,
    To bud on earth,
    And bloom in heaven.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AugustBoys For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (21-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry for your loss. My daughter died at 3 days old from heart defect. I drank a lot in the early weeks. Around a bottle a.day of wine starting around midday. After 6 weeks of wallowing and feeling fat I figured that was enough and stopped and began exercising. The first year just sucks- do whatever gets you through.