+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Partners...........

Who is over there partners and think theyd be better off alone ????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I am a single mum of 2 so I guess I can relate to where you might want to be.
    What has happened that make s you consider the choice of going it alone? Big hugs. It’s not an easy thing having disharmony in your relationship and being pregnant.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

crystalmammy89  (27-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where do i start. Im a mum of 3 young kids atm and 1 on the way... i have been with my partner 6 yrs. Hes 10 yrs older than me. I feel like im constantly tredding on ice so i dont upset him. I feel like im constantly monitoring his alcohol consumption etc. I never feel good enough. Always feel guilty of heck knows what get told im useless and cant even talk (preggo brain lol) i had major meltdown after number 3 and reversed rolls with him over a yr ago and feel so guilty he says i ruined him and dont make enough money tosupport his habits. I pay for car food private school daycare so hes got time off from the youngest3 times a week buy him 7 packs cigs a week etcetera im so crobopled dont know where to turn

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    That's a lot of stress and pressure to be under OP and your parent doesn't seem very appreciative. Have you talked to him about this? Have you been honest and told him that at this point in time you are seriously considering that being a single mother would be better than having him around? Would he be willing to go to counselling?

I think it's important to see the impact he is having on not only you, but your children too.

I'm not in your situation, but I really hope that you find the answers you're looking for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This doesn’t sound like a healthy relationship to be in. It may be worthwhile having a chat to a women’s service. I can imagine that this behaviour from your partner would probably impact on your kids too as if you’re stressed they will feel it. If you're in NSW you can call 1800 737732 to have a chat with someone who will be able to help you get support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im always happy and never let things get to me. Also my kids are happy and so smart doing well at school etc. Normally wen he rants on me and the kids do our own thing and just agree with him to shut him up but im over that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to feel like I was walking on eggshells and that I was always causing trouble in the relationship. My ex never felt good enough and blamed that on me. Now I can see that their self esteem issues had nothing to do with me but their own family. I just copped it on the chin and told myself things would get better. They never did. I told myself I was happy and because we had been together so long it became normal. We even started TTC. I eventually stopped and thought about myself. I realised I deserved more. I deserved my happily ever after and to be appreciated, loved and adored by someone else.

Fast forward to today... My DP and I are so very much in love. I am happy, I feel appreciated and I absolutely feel adored. We are a team and a true partnership. We support and love one another and now I know what a healthy relationship is.

Listen to your heart. It's scary but you need to be fair on yourself too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thats a great happily ever after! Its just finally getting to me either he stops it or he knows where the door is. I just dont know if i can do it on my own

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalmammy89 View Post
    thats a great happily ever after! Its just finally getting to me either he stops it or he knows where the door is. I just dont know if i can do it on my own
    I didn’t know if I could do it on my own either but I kicked my ex out when I was 5.5 months pregnant with my 2nd child. Best thing I have ever done. I’m still single after 3 years and I am happy. You can and will do anything you set your mind to. There is support out there. Your partner may have many reasons why he behaves like this but it is not your job to ‘cop it’. It’s his job to sort himself out.