* TTC naturally for 18 months, nil pregnancies.
* Saw a FS, shown to have PCOS with insulin resistance. Can ovulate but not regularly with cycles ranging from 21 days up to 90 days.
* Did 6 months 50mg Clomid plus Metformin. Ovulated each month but nil pregnancies.
* IVF cycle May 2013, poorly responded resulting in long stim. Transferred 1 x Day 3. Zero frosties Nil pregnancy.
* IVF cycle August 2013 with acupuncture. Improved response. Transferred 1 x Day 5. All other embies unsuitable to freeze.
* SUCCESS - pregnant with my baby boy born May 2014.
* Currently he is 10 months old and fully breastfed, I have no cycle which I am not sure if that is a result of breastfeeding or my PCOS.
Now we are keen to try for #2 but I am not ready to wean bub until closer to 12 months (when I will be returning to work). Given that #1 took close to 30 months to conceive - should I get a referral to the FS now and be prepared?
I don't want to waste my money going to a GP for a referral if they are just going to tell me that I should wean my son and try naturally first ..... but I really feel it is unlikely we will naturally conceive.
Any tips or advice please?
How did you go about conceiving #2 after using fertility assistance for #1?